Expired

Swinton Car insurance - £75 cashback by cheque with code + £40 Quidco

Found 24th Jul 2012
While shopping around for my car insurance renewal on comparison sites, Swinton have regularly been coming in at, or close to, the cheapest price. The URL provided offers a £40 cheque back, but by changing the code to PMWTEM786, the deal changes to £75 cheque back. The policy has to be held for 90 days before the cheque is sent.

When you add in the quidco cashback of 40 quid, it's a considerable saving.

Also, whilst not having used this particular code, they're giving £50 cheque back on home insurance with the code HMWTEM747, plus quidco too.
Community Updates
15 Comments
Sloth/Mod
Moved to misc, Cashback deals are considered a tip/heads up. Thanks.
Original Poster
Syzable

Moved to misc, Cashback deals are considered a tip/heads up. Thanks.

Thanks. First post here.
will check it out, thanks
Don't rely/expect the Quidco as codes often invalidate them. Insurance companies are the worst for using any little reason to decline your cashback. But still .... the cheque is more so worth a punt if Swinton are the cheapest quote.
Banned
You have to ring a number to get the cheque and quote a code they send you by email. It works though as I used it to get £30 cashback on my motorbike insurance.
Banned
good deal if its the cheapest insurer and you arent bothered about crap customer service

reviewcentre.com/rev…tml
just did a quote with swinton, £1500 more expensive!!!
Swinton have a dreadful track record.
Original Poster
zerowing

Ouch!
i wouldnt touch swinton with a disinfected barge pole !
Original Poster
Inactive

Swinton have a dreadful track record.

I've found the local office to be fine so far. The proof of the pudding will be if I ever need to make as claim, I guess.
douglasgrant

I've found the local office to be fine so far. The proof of the pudding … I've found the local office to be fine so far. The proof of the pudding will be if I ever need to make as claim, I guess.

They are good at taking your money....sadly that is where the service ends.
Thanks
zerowing

Mine was £700 more expensive too however, when I search for home insurance through confused.com it was the cheapest at £195 but when I went through ” quidco” it came as £242 so there you are for their c..p service!
I rang Swinton after getting a letter through the door stating a £100 cash back .Their cover was £372 per year . I decided to stay with my present company .............Churchill...............for £200 . Yes , avoid Swinton . I was with them about 15 years ago and was involved in a accident . Someone went in to the back of my motor on the A1 . The accident happened in June and it took them till September to start proceedings with the Driver Legal Protection I had payed extra for .Their in a word ........................CRAP.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants