Switch from 1 month contract to PAYG (Three UK)

Found 9th Jan 2013
Hey everyone,

I'm currently on the "Ultimate Internet SIM 200 1 month" deal requiring me to pay £12.90 a month however I want to switch to their PAYG plan which is top up £15 and receive texts/calls/internet etc.

The reason being is that I can't afford to keep paying £12.90 each month so topping up £15 whenever I need to seems like a better deal. However, when I called Three Customer Services they said if you don't top up £15 within a month and a half to two months then they discontinue your number and sim.

This seems very absurd to me and was wondering if others knew about this? Thanks
Community Updates
7 Comments
They won't discontinue your number or sim. Sim is usually valid for a year but you may not be able to make phone calls and texts until you top up again.

Edited by: "pshemek" 9th Jan 2013
Most networks require you to make a chargeable call or text every 180 days to keep the number live.
Never heard of any of them cutting you off any sooner??
the £15 for free text/calls/internet probably applies monthly; don't top up one month then you won't get them, but at least you'll have your credit to use.

how long do you have left on the plan?
upset brown pant

the £15 for free text/calls/internet probably applies monthly; don't top … the £15 for free text/calls/internet probably applies monthly; don't top up one month then you won't get them, but at least you'll have your credit to use.how long do you have left on the plan?

That's what I thought was going to happen but the guy at Customer Services said they basically cut you off

My plan at the moment is a 1 month rolling contract at £12.90 so I can cancel with 30 days notice.
pshemek

They won't discontinue your number or sim. Sim is usually valid for a … They won't discontinue your number or sim. Sim is usually valid for a year but you may not be able to make phone calls and texts until you top up again.

call them up and haggle till they reduce your tariff to under a tenner a month.
subway

That's what I thought was going to happen but the guy at Customer … That's what I thought was going to happen but the guy at Customer Services said they basically cut you off :|My plan at the moment is a 1 month rolling contract at £12.90 so I can cancel with 30 days notice.

maybe time to switch to cheaper one of these badboys:

hotukdeals.com/dea…944
Get a Tesco Mobile sim only. For a tenner you'll get 500mins, 5000 texts and 1GB of data.. Trust me 15 pounds wont last you long outside a bundle and you may end up paying more a month just to be able to make a phone call as Three charges 26p per minute and other networks the same or more, In that case 15 quid will get you 57 mins of talk and that's if you decided not to text or use internet.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants