Switch help

Posted 13th Dec 2019
finally caved and got the kids a switch for Xmas.
What would you all say are must haves for it either peripherals or games ?
bearing in mind we have Xbox with a wide variety of games already and a wiiu.
do I need a dock/screensaver?
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
Zelda BoTW, Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart.

It ether already has a dock if it’s the normal one or won’t work with a dock if it’s the lite one.

You might want a case. The Nintendo ones I have bought come with a screensaver.
Got the regular newer one with Pokemon so nice to know I won't need a dock.
A lot of your questions are hard to answer without more details. How many kids? What age group? Will you be playing as well? What games do you have on the Wii U, and will you still be using that console?
Zelda Breath of the Wild, Pokemon Sword/ Shield, Super Mario Odyssey, maybe Splatoon 2.

Definitely get a case and a screen protector, and maybe something to put the games in because they do have them in the cases most the time but ever since I lost a game because the thing came unstitched, I’ve never put games in the things now.
Definitely Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.
JohnnyRoller13/12/2019 00:38

A lot of your questions are hard to answer without more details. How many …A lot of your questions are hard to answer without more details. How many kids? What age group? Will you be playing as well? What games do you have on the Wii U, and will you still be using that console?

3 kids from 6-11 ,Yes I will be playing!!
Wiiu we have all the zeldas tho the kids aren't into them (I'm working on that!) ,splatoon,Mario kart,Mario party ,super mario maker etc and a huge back catalogue of Wii games
Most of the Lego games on xbox
Kids have minecraft on everything too
Stuff they/we can play co op is always good too
Snipperclips is a nice one for a bit of co op.

If you plan on playing anything 3 or 4 player co op I would recommend getting a second pair of joycons. That way you have either two full size controllers or 4 half-size ones to play with.
Butthurt13/12/2019 07:18

3 kids from 6-11 ,Yes I will be playing!!Wiiu we have all the zeldas tho …3 kids from 6-11 ,Yes I will be playing!!Wiiu we have all the zeldas tho the kids aren't into them (I'm working on that!) ,splatoon,Mario kart,Mario party ,super mario maker etc and a huge back catalogue of Wii gamesMost of the Lego games on xboxKids have minecraft on everything tooStuff they/we can play co op is always good too

You will definitely want another set of joycons and a Pro controller then. Mario Kart 8 deluxe is worth getting even if you already have it on the Wii U, as it has an easy mode for kids where it stops them falling off the track. The Mario Party on the Switch is much better than the Wii U version, however it doesn’t have that many maps (that’s fine for me as we don’t play often enough for that to matter). If you already have Zelda BOTW on the Wii U, I wouldn’t bother on the Switch. New Super Mario Bros U on the Switch also has new characters for young kids, where they can’t get hurt by enemies. They can still fall down holes though.

A must is Mario Maker 2 if they liked the first, it’s a bit harder to get used to on the Switch though. Definitely get a protective skin if your kids were prone to dropping the Wii U, as the Switch will break very easily in comparison. Zelda links awakening for you
Lego City undercover is great and usually pretty cheap too. Its an open world 3rd person lego game, you're a policeman in a city
Snipperclips is a great family/party game that’s simple and fun, you can get it on the eShop or physical Instore
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions