Switch Joy Cons - Drift fixed for Free

Posted 16th Dec 2019
Got a Nintendo Switch in the house - Joy Cons were both suffering from Drift when playing games. There's a Pro Controller so wasn't a big issue until we went to play Mario Kart one night..
Raised a fault on Nintendo and sent the Joy Cons off to be looked at. I bought the Switch Nov 17... so it's over 2 years old...
received back today all fixed free of charge...
Saved myself £60ish on new Joy Cons...
Fair play to Nintendo as I didn't get that level of service when I contacted MS about the Elite Controller getting drift issues.. just said out of warranty tough really..

Just though I would share as Nintendo know when I purchased the Switch as I had given them the details..

Not sure if this is a deal or not.... but
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

7 Comments
mine and my sons both drift , i brought mine off ebay do you think they would fix?
This is a very common issue and as far as I am aware Nintendo has addressed the Joy Con drift with free repairs, but didn’t make a huge comment about it, even if the joycons were out of warranty, I had my console from November 2017 as well and suffered joycon drift around three weeks ago, bought my console through amazon and they sorted out a refund for me and I ordered the latest V2 model.
emma1989x16/12/2019 13:44

mine and my sons both drift , i brought mine off ebay do you think they …mine and my sons both drift , i brought mine off ebay do you think they would fix?

You should have no problem I’d recommend calling Nintendo’s Repair Centre and telling about the Joy Con drift issue and they should help you sort it out, there is also a form that can be filled in online instead, my cousin did it this way and had no problem and no charge, however I cannot guarantee that either. Here is the link anyway: nintendoservicecentre.co.uk/rep…/11
thank you for your help, i will give it a go
emma1989x16/12/2019 14:37

thank you for your help, i will give it a go

Emma - Honestly I bought mine Nov 2017 even provided proof of purchase- filled in the online form they emailed me a prepaid page to print.
Printed off and followed their packing instructions - posted off with reference number.
Got an email a week later saying they were looking at the Joy Cons..
A few days later got the email saying sorted..
Arrived back yesterday.. in perfect condition with warranty.

Great job really recommend Nintendo's Repair Centre...
Thanks for the heads up...had mine from when it was released...bought a second pair as was so bad so will try and get originals repaired..fair play to Nintendo for sorting out.
How long did the whole process take? I sent my switch off on Friday as it wasn’t turning on and only today got a message that they’ve received it. I’m going on holiday on Christmas Day and really hope it comes back before then.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions