Community Updates
Ask

Groups

22 Comments
Something about it being fraud so got shutdown
Ah crap I ordered it. I'm an idiot
emmaking198401/08/2020 14:47

Ah crap I ordered it. I'm an idiot

You are not an idiot. You are a wonderful human being. PayPal will have your back against the eBay pirates
Edited by: "JumpMan1980" 1st Aug
I checked the amount of feedback and percentage but didnt look at the dates on the feedback. Bugger
One moment please ..
Yo @reindeer333 , can you update this young lady please?
JumpMan198001/08/2020 14:53

Yo @reindeer333 , can you update this young lady please?

Afternoon, the listing was taken down as the merchant had not been trading on eBay for 12 months (they had only been trading for 11 months) with a merchant needing to have been trading for a minimum of 12 months to be posted on here. The reason the thread was taken down was nothing to do with fraud
reindeer33301/08/2020 15:03

Afternoon, the listing was taken down as the merchant had not been trading …Afternoon, the listing was taken down as the merchant had not been trading on eBay for 12 months (they had only been trading for 11 months) with a merchant needing to have been trading for a minimum of 12 months to be posted on here. The reason the thread was taken down was nothing to do with fraud

Just like I said .. nothing to worry about .. thank you @reindeer333
Edited by: "JumpMan1980" 1st Aug
reindeer33301/08/2020 15:03

Afternoon, the listing was taken down as the merchant had not been trading …Afternoon, the listing was taken down as the merchant had not been trading on eBay for 12 months (they had only been trading for 11 months) with a merchant needing to have been trading for a minimum of 12 months to be posted on here. The reason the thread was taken down was nothing to do with fraud

Thank you for the clarification.

Certainly doesnt look good.
emmaking198401/08/2020 15:04

Thank you for the clarification. Certainly doesnt look good.

Honestly don’t worry, it will end one of two ways, you’ll either get the product or you’ll get a refund. I assure you
Kratos6901/08/2020 15:07

Honestly don’t worry, it will end one of two ways, you’ll either get the pr …Honestly don’t worry, it will end one of two ways, you’ll either get the product or you’ll get a refund. I assure you

I hope so. It's for my daughters birthday.
Listing says it will be delivered by 5th. I'll keep my fingers crossed. But how have they got so many when even nintendo dont have stock??
emmaking198401/08/2020 15:04

Thank you for the clarification. Certainly doesnt look good.

It is strange as the product was listed in a prominent position on the site under "Daily Deals". I would have thought eBay would have long stopped a fraudulent seller from being posted on that page. That is why I thought it was not fraud and still think it is more likely than not that the seller is not fraudulent
reindeer33301/08/2020 15:09

It is strange as the product was listed in a prominent position on the …It is strange as the product was listed in a prominent position on the site under "Daily Deals". I would have thought eBay would have long stopped a fraudulent seller from being posted on that page. That is why I thought it was not fraud and still think it is more likely than not that the seller is not fraudulent

Will wait and see.
Thanks for your help
emmaking198401/08/2020 15:10

Will wait and see. Thanks for your help

No problem, I hope it all turns out ok for you
emmaking198401/08/2020 15:08

I hope so. It's for my daughters birthday. Listing says it will be …I hope so. It's for my daughters birthday. Listing says it will be delivered by 5th. I'll keep my fingers crossed. But how have they got so many when even nintendo dont have stock??

Honestly, maybe it is legitimate, it wasn’t a too huge of a price drop to think otherwise. Speaking from experience it happened to me once with a pair of trainers. Basically what had happened was the sellers account had been hacked and they had a listing that was really cheap for the product in question with tons of stock. Many people bought but when they found it to be hacked eBay/ PayPal simply refunded the money within a couple of days. I know you’ve parted with a lot of money but worst case scenario here is that you’ll get every penny back so try not to worry.
Looking across the sellers products the seller has taken around 10% off all the items I checked compared to the price a few days ago. A similar discount was applied to the Switches & Airpods. Perhaps the seller just wanted to clear stock? This certainly is not similar to the hacked accounts I've seen where there are normally only 1 or 2 products listed at a price substantially below the RRP

e.g 1

e.g 2
emmaking198401/08/2020 15:10

Will wait and see. Thanks for your help

It just didn’t meet this sites criteria, companies have to start somewhere and i am betting it will be ok.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants