Switch mobile provider but retain the plan and the number

Posted 24th Oct
Hi, I have a pay monthly plan that I have been using for many years and only paying a meagre amount. I am now looking to switch provider or plan to get more data and minutes. However I would like to pass on this existing plan to a family member and also use my existing number on my new plan.

Any ideas on how this could be achieved would be appreciated. Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
I don't think this is feasible. To switch provider and move your number is closing the account down (hopefully someone will say otherwise).
Once number is ported, contract ceases.
You can't the deal you are on to someone else - my partner is a great deal from many years ago that we don't want to lose so she is stuck with Virgin Media forever it seems...

For those curious, £9 unlimited everything
It is possible but would need you to get two new numbers, You can pass it onto someone else, and ask for a new number, some will give you a new one in minutes no need to change the sim. You will lose your own number though and need to get a new one.
You could just ask your current supplier if you requested a change of number with them (on the current pay monthly sim), would they be able to allocate the old number on a pay as you go sim with themselves. If they are able to do that you can then request a PAC code on the pay as you go sim with your number on it and transfer to your intended new monthly plan. However I’m not sure if there is a period of time a number can be used again after it has been changed... Worth asking them.

Or alternatively ask them if they can offer an additional monthly plan on the same deal. Then just PAC over your number to your new monthly plan and give the new line to your family member.
Thanks for all your inputs. I really don't want to lose my number that I have been using for many years. The plan was a tmobile deal which EE may not be keen to entertain any changes to that anymore. However I will try Johnny's suggestion and call them to see what could be done.
eslick24/10/2019 15:44

It is possible but would need you to get two new numbers, You can pass it …It is possible but would need you to get two new numbers, You can pass it onto someone else, and ask for a new number, some will give you a new one in minutes no need to change the sim. You will lose your own number though and need to get a new one.

So it's not possible.
Ask them for a pay as you go sim. Transfer your contract number to pay as you go and the pay as you go number to your contract. Take out your new contract and transfer your pay as your go number over to your new contract. That's one way.
B0ne524/10/2019 17:14

Ask them for a pay as you go sim. Transfer your contract number to pay as …Ask them for a pay as you go sim. Transfer your contract number to pay as you go and the pay as you go number to your contract. Take out your new contract and transfer your pay as your go number over to your new contract. That's one way.

Once number ports contract ceases.
B0ne524/10/2019 17:14

Ask them for a pay as you go sim. Transfer your contract number to pay as …Ask them for a pay as you go sim. Transfer your contract number to pay as you go and the pay as you go number to your contract. Take out your new contract and transfer your pay as your go number over to your new contract. That's one way.

Not it's not. I doesn't work like that
DE4L3R24/10/2019 17:07

So it's not possible.

It’s possible to keep the tariff just not the number
DE4L3R24/10/2019 17:29

Not it's not. I doesn't work like that

He could try porting number in and out at same time wonder what Will happen then if it doesn't go through but I think it should work.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants