Switch number within same network PAC question.

Posted 11th Dec 2019
Hi HUKD people.
I got new SIM in the same network and I want to keep my number.

I requested PAC code from old sim, ported it to free sim in different network and that went fine.
But now I want to transfer my old number to my old network and when I requesting new PAC code from "free sim" I'm getting old PAC code.

Can I use it again to do switch? or I need to wait until it will expire after 30 days and then request new one?

Anyone went through this and can guide me?.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
It should at the least have 3 different letters at the start?? As you are with a different network now?
You were on network A and you moved it to network B and now you want to move it from network B back to A? If this is the case you would need a new PAC code
justanothercid11/12/2019 16:38

It should at the least have 3 different letters at the start?? As you are …It should at the least have 3 different letters at the start?? As you are with a different network now?

That what I thought, but it still giving me old PAC code.

Well, guess I can wait until it expire.
What networks are A and B?
ndyanem11/12/2019 17:01

What networks are A and B?

Three - Vodafone
And now I want port number back to Three.
Yer you will have to wait 30days in Vodafone and then port back
ndyanem11/12/2019 17:46

Yer you will have to wait 30days in Vodafone and then port back

That what I thought. No problem for me, I can wait. Thank you.
Just wondering why are you moving back to three? I’m with three and considering leaving to join EE
Istanbul11/12/2019 19:59

Just wondering why are you moving back to three? I’m with three and c …Just wondering why are you moving back to three? I’m with three and considering leaving to join EE

Op never left 3, they just took another contract with them and you can’t port on same network...
Why didn’t you ask for sim swap?
I thought you could port your number within the last 30 days of a contract
Doug_11/12/2019 21:46

I thought you could port your number within the last 30 days of a contract

If you’ve already ported to a complete different network you have to be on that network for 30 days until you can move your number to a complete new network.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions