New Nintendo Switch OLED Model Announced + Pre-orders

Posted 6th Jul 2021
RRP 309.99.
Pre-order details at the bottom of post.

3759009.jpg
Size 4 inches high, 9.5 inches long, and 0.55 inches deep (with Joy-Con attached)
*The depth from the tip of the analog sticks to the tip of the ZL/ZR buttons is 1.12 inches
Weight Approximately .71 lbs
(Approximately .93 lbs with Joy-Con controllers attached)
Screen Multi-touch capacitive touch screen / 7.0 inch OLED screen / 1280×720
CPU/GPU NVIDIA Custom Tegra processor
Storage 64 GB
Users can easily expand storage space using microSDHC or microSDXC cards up to 2TB (sold separately).
Wireless Wi-Fi (IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac compliant) / Bluetooth 4.1
Video output Up to 1080p via HDMI in TV mode
Up to 720p via built-in screen in Tabletop mode and Handheld modes
Audio output Compatible with 5.1ch Linear PCM output
Output via HDMI connector in TV mode
Speakers Stereo
Buttons Power button / Volume button
USB connector USB Type-C
Used for charging or for connecting to the Nintendo Switch dock.
Headphone/mic jack 3.5mm 4-pole stereo (CTIA standard)
Game card slot Nintendo Switch game cards
microSD card slot Compatible with microSD, microSDHC, and microSDXC memory cards
*Once the microSDXC card is inserted, a system update will be necessary. An internet connection is required to perform this system update.
Sensor Accelerometer, gyroscope, and brightness sensor
Operating environment 41-95 degrees F / 20-80% humidity
Internal battery Lithium-ion battery / 4310mAh
Battery life Approximately 4.5 – 9 hours
The battery life will depend on the games you play. For instance, the battery will last approximately 5.5 hours for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
Charging time Approximately 3 hours
*When charging while the hardware is in sleep mode
£309.99 RRP

3759009.jpg
3759009.jpg
3759009.jpg3759009.jpg3759009.jpg
3759009.jpg
Pre-orders

Game
:
White: £309.99+ delivery
game.co.uk/en/m/nintendo-switch-white-oled-model-2858146
Neon: £309.99+delivery
game.co.uk/en/m/nintendo-switch-neon-oled-model-2858149

Smyths:
White: £309.99+delivery
smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-consoles/nintendo-switch-oled-white/p/202449
Neon: £309.99+delivery
smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-consoles/nintendo-switch-oled-neon-red-blue/p/202450

Simply Games:
Nintendo Switch OLED White Console + Metroid Dread + Zelda Breath of the Wild £399.99 delivered
simplygames.com/p/nintendo-switch-oled-white-console--metroid-dread--zelda-breathe-of-the-wild-nintendo-switch
Nintendo Switch OLED Neon Console + Super Mario 3D All Stars + Mario Kart 8
£399.99 delivered
simplygames.com/p/nintendo-switch-oled-neon-console--super-mario-3d-all-stars--mario-kart-8-nintendo-switch

Argos
Nintendo Switch OLED Console Pre-Order - White £309.99
argos.co.uk/product/6798471
Nintendo Switch OLED Console Pre-Order - Black £309.99
argos.co.uk/product/6798529

Monster Shop
NINTENDO SWITCH (OLED MODEL) WHITE £309.99
monster-shop.co.uk/product/nintendo-switch-oled-model-white/
NINTENDO SWITCH (OLED MODEL) NEON RED/NEON BLUE £309.99
monster-shop.co.uk/product/nintendo-switch-neon-red-neon-blue-oled-model/

Curry's
NINTENDO Switch OLED - White £309
currys.co.uk/gbuk/gaming/console-gaming/consoles/nintendo-switch-oled-white-10227413-pdt.html
NINTENDO Switch OLED - Neon Red & Blue £309
currys.co.uk/gbuk/gaming/console-gaming/consoles/nintendo-switch-oled-neon-red-blue-10227387-pdt.html

Amazon
Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - White
amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Switch-OLED-Model-White/dp/B098TVDYZ3/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=B098TVDYZ3&qid=1625911355&sr=8-1
Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Neon Blue/Neon Red
amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Switch-OLED-Model-Neon/dp/B098TNW7NM/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=B098TNW7NM&qid=1625911410&sr=8-1

Very
Nintendo Switch OLED Model - White £309.99
very.co.uk/nintendo-switch-oled-model-white/1600625970.prd
Nintendo Switch OLED Model - Neon £309.99
very.co.uk/nintendo-switch-nintendo-switch-oled-model-neon-blueneon-red/1600625971.prd?crossSellType=item_page.recs_1m

The Game Collection
Nintendo Switch OLED Console - Neon
£309.95
thegamecollection.net/nintendo-switch-oled-console-neon-switch
Nintendo Switch OLED Console - White
£309.95
thegamecollection.net/nintendo-switch-oled-console-white-switch
Community Updates
At last Nintendo announced the release date of upcoming Nintendo Switch pro OLED edition. It's going to be released on 8th October 2021. On the same day of metroid dread release. Here we will try to put all pre order information.
Announced today
Out 8th October 2021
US price $349.99
UK price £309.99
nintendo.com/switch/oled-model/
Misc
New Comment
Top comments
The oled is nice but overall this isn't worth the increased cost. Definitely not worth an upgrade if you already have a Switch.
bit underwhelming but thats what rumours do to a launch...

I love my switch and that screen looks lovely... will be getting this for santa to give me, I have been a very good boy after all.
Not worth the upgrade from the normal Switch.
£309.99 for those wondering

Nintendo Switch (OLED model) | My Nintendo Store

"The Nintendo Switch family is about to gain a new addition.

Designed to be played at home or on-the-go, featuring a vibrant 7-inch OLED screen with vivid colours. Nintendo Switch (OLED model) will launch 8th October on My Nintendo Store at £309.99, giving players another option for how they want to play the vast library of games on Nintendo Switch."
Edited by: "minifig290" 6th Jul 2021
222 Comments
  1. Avatar
    Looks stunning
  2. Avatar
    Looks pretty good and out the same day as Metroid Dread. Will be pre ordering. Hopefully there'll be some sort of bundle!
    Edited by: "Jimolya" 6th Jul 2021
  3. Avatar
    100 bucks more for a new bigger screen, a Ethernet port and improved sound in handheld and 64gb internal, that’s it that in place of the pro, nah I’d buy the current one and spend the extra £100 on games until a real pro comes with improved graphics
    Edited by: "marc1982" 6th Jul 2021
  4. Avatar
    Awaiting full specs before I jump in, if its the same then its not worth buying hopefully it'll be a big upgrade only time will tell tho.
  5. Avatar
    Derpsauce06/07/2021 14:29

Awaiting full specs before I jump in, if its the same then its not worth …Awaiting full specs before I jump in, if its the same then its not worth buying hopefully it'll be a big upgrade only time will tell tho.

There is no further spec upgrade other than, the screen, storage space, improved sound, flip stand and ethernet port. Looks like anything 4k related likely will be on their next gen model, although hopefully I am wrong :).
    Edited by: "mastermjr20041" 6th Jul 2021
  6. Avatar
    I wonder what the UK price will be. $50 more than standard switch in the US, $349 Vs $299, so I'm guessing will be £309-329 in UK. I'll still be pre ordering anyway
  7. Avatar
    Jimolya06/07/2021 14:40

I wonder what the UK price will be. $50 more than standard switch in the …I wonder what the UK price will be. $50 more than standard switch in the US, $349 Vs $299, so I'm guessing will be £309-329 in UK. I'll still be pre ordering anyway

Will prob be £349.99, tax/vat is added at the point of sale and the uk always gets the rough end of the stick price wise
  8. Avatar
    Looks a decent piece of kit...and I expect this will be the basis of a 'pro' version to come?
  9. Avatar
    does this mean the switch pro isn't going to happen for a while now?
  10. Avatar
    My Switch is well and truly gathering dust at the moment, so until they make the Switch 2 with BOTW2, it's a no from me.
  11. Avatar
    Jason_Fredy06/07/2021 14:48

does this mean the switch pro isn't going to happen for a while now?

No one knows as you never know with Nintendo, but it does look unlikely, however they could release another one next year alongside BOTW2 if it does release as stated.
  12. Avatar
    The oled is nice but overall this isn't worth the increased cost. Definitely not worth an upgrade if you already have a Switch.
  13. Avatar
    bit underwhelming but thats what rumours do to a launch...

I love my switch and that screen looks lovely... will be getting this for santa to give me, I have been a very good boy after all.
  14. Avatar
    Said from launch I'd get a switch when they do a Metroid game (originally for Prime 4 but Dread will do)

This launch of the OLED model is some timing. Need to have a think now about that extra £70
  15. Avatar
    The bigger question was always....where is Capt. Falcon!?

Ugh, i wanted a beautiful 4K face racer!
  16. Avatar
    marc198206/07/2021 14:26

100 bucks more for a new bigger screen, a Ethernet port and improved sound …100 bucks more for a new bigger screen, a Ethernet port and improved sound in handheld and 64gb internal, that’s it that in place of the pro, nah I’d buy the current one and spend the extra £100 on games until a real pro comes with improved graphics

Bluetooth 4.1 too according to the post
  17. Avatar
    MadeDixonsCry06/07/2021 15:24

Good spot.

Whilst still clearly not a pro.... they have added what should have been there from the start and Ive had a LOT of play out of my switch. Held off on lite - but this is tempting... You'd imagine they'll milk another couple of models out of switch if DS is anything to go by.....
  18. Avatar
    Manchildren can enjoy 360p with unlimited contrast now
  19. Avatar
    Hahahahaha honestly Nintendo are the most bizarre company
  20. Avatar
    Not worth the upgrade from the normal Switch.
  21. Avatar
    Meh
  22. Avatar
    dolanduck06/07/2021 15:49

Manchildren can enjoy 360p with unlimited contrast now

And you will still continue to be a bore, nevermind eh?
  23. Avatar
    Still 1080p, what a shame!
    Edited by: "edmn" 6th Jul 2021
  24. Avatar
    mastermjr2004106/07/2021 14:34

There is no further spec upgrade other than, the screen, storage space, …There is no further spec upgrade other than, the screen, storage space, improved sound, flip stand and ethernet port. Looks like anything 4k related likely will be on their next gen model, although hopefully I am wrong :).

Nintendo's specs sheet on their website says the max output is 1080p on a TV I'm afraid.
  25. Avatar
    No 4K, no decent internal memory, no usb storage (docked mode obvs). No decent graphics chip. Seems to be another reinvention of the wheel. It’s pretty though.
  26. Avatar
    Crap
  27. Avatar
    The only reason to get this is if your current switch os dying, or you don't have one. Wait till next year when they will probably release another new one when they realise this one was a bad idea.

No better resolution, no better battery, ram or cpu. No point.
  28. Avatar
    MadeDixonsCry06/07/2021 15:24

From what I understand that’s the same as the current version of the Switch and doesn’t support audio. It’s for the controllers.
  29. Avatar
    Spec does seem a little uninspiring, I would have expected at least a 1080p screen (or even 1440p) with some modern form of DLSS so that 720p games were sufficiently upscaled.
  30. Avatar
    LiamSmith7806/07/2021 16:07

Nintendo's specs sheet on their website says the max output is 1080p on a …Nintendo's specs sheet on their website says the max output is 1080p on a TV I'm afraid.

I meant on the next revision other than their next gen model (Switch 2). :P
  31. Avatar
    marc198206/07/2021 14:26

100 bucks more for a new bigger screen, a Ethernet port and improved sound …100 bucks more for a new bigger screen, a Ethernet port and improved sound in handheld and 64gb internal, that’s it that in place of the pro, nah I’d buy the current one and spend the extra £100 on games until a real pro comes with improved graphics

Cool! Well done 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  32. Avatar
    joanddan706/07/2021 15:40

Good spot. Whilst still clearly not a pro.... they have added what should …Good spot. Whilst still clearly not a pro.... they have added what should have been there from the start and Ive had a LOT of play out of my switch. Held off on lite - but this is tempting... You'd imagine they'll milk another couple of models out of switch if DS is anything to go by.....

Does this mean you can use Bluetooth headphones on this model?!
  33. Avatar
    Any word on whether the custom Tegra is the same as the earlier versions or will we see a new chip?

I don't mind the 1080p, I mind 25-30fps in most games, I'm used to 100fps+ on PC and have recently grown accustomed to 60fps on current gen consoles. Sub 30fps is hard work to have fun with regardless of how gorgeous the external hardware is.
  34. Avatar
    I’ll stick with my animal crossing switch thanks Nintendo. Just another money grabber that most people get sucked in to and want to own the latest device. No doubt they will be sold out as that’s the norm in the modern era.
    Edited by: "Visionspinner" 6th Jul 2021
  35. Avatar
    Well that was a let down
  36. Avatar
    I picked up 2 switches for 150 each on marketplace with games and ring fit... might stick to that until its improved a considerable amount to spend on a new one
  37. Avatar
    Jimolya06/07/2021 14:40

I wonder what the UK price will be. $50 more than standard switch in the …I wonder what the UK price will be. $50 more than standard switch in the US, $349 Vs $299, so I'm guessing will be £309-329 in UK. I'll still be pre ordering anyway

Usually same price as USA, by the time you add tax and round the numbers.... It's the same
  38. Avatar
    I don't get it.

If the main selling point is the OLED display... Why not make it a OLED LITE Model and cut the price down??

If you intend to use your Switch with your TV a lot, just stick with the normal model and save your money.

Disappointed.
  39. Avatar
    What's the point of getting this? No other improvement than the screen? I'd stick with my unpatched switch
  40. Avatar
    Preparare for scalpers X3 the price
Post a comment
Top Merchants