Nintendo Switch outside region digital code compatibility?

Posted 5th Dec 2019Edited by:"upmiddlefinger"
Hi fellow Switch users!

Does anyone know if you can redeem a code for outside your region on a UK nintendo account?

its as im considering purchasing this - Resident evil triple pack, however RE 5 & 6 are digital codes...:
amazon.co.uk/Res…Q26

its £48 (including import fees) buying them digital would cost £90 (saving £42) so may be worth it,

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
You’ll need to set up a new account for that region - I have one for UK and one for US on my Switch currently
sohailh198405/12/2019 09:11

You’ll need to set up a new account for that region - I have one for UK a …You’ll need to set up a new account for that region - I have one for UK and one for US on my Switch currently

ahh right, so you can have two users with different regions on one console? if i log out of one user will i still have access to all the games on the system?
upmiddlefinger05/12/2019 09:25

ahh right, so you can have two users with different regions on one …ahh right, so you can have two users with different regions on one console? if i log out of one user will i still have access to all the games on the system?

Yeah mate

So I basically have most of my games via UK region - but had some US codes for Smash Bros and Sonic Racing I think
Those games are still playable if I decide to use my UK user ID - if that makes sense?
sohailh198405/12/2019 09:51

Yeah mateSo I basically have most of my games via UK region - but had some …Yeah mateSo I basically have most of my games via UK region - but had some US codes for Smash Bros and Sonic Racing I thinkThose games are still playable if I decide to use my UK user ID - if that makes sense?

ahh okay, that makes sense, thanks for your help buddy! Think i might take the punt now
you can change your regular account's country alternatively if you don't want multiple accounts, I did that a year or so ago, however if you have any money on the account it will not carry over, I assume because of exchange rates
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants