Groups

Switched computer on to this please help

I know it's not a deal.

I switched my computer on .

It's Windows 10

An acer computer .

Can't get past this screen .any help please.

54 Comments

??? not much to go on inspector !

What screen? I have acer laptop with win 10

what cant you get past as going on your title i assumed their would be a photo ?

Original Poster

I'm trying to add a photo
    First post on here..

Edited by: "bettyrheyetti" 8th Mar

Original Poster

lollypoplee

what cant you get past as going on your title i assumed their would be a … what cant you get past as going on your title i assumed their would be a photo ?

I'm trying to add pics .cant find out how to from ipad

bettyrheyetti

I'm trying to add a photo First post on here..

Post the image on postimg.org - that'll give you a link, paste it here using the image tool above the text box, or between IMG & /IMG tags... you need to put square brackets around the tags though...

rhinopaul

This might … This might help:https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

​im guessing she cannot get that far ? i was gonna say the same as you but i THINK shes stuck at the initial windows 10 spinning circle screen ?
    in that respect she would need a boot disc or usb and knowledge of how to change the bios to boot from it and seeing as shes struggling posting a picture i dolnt hold much hope X)

Original Poster

It's trying a start up repair .but
    not successful
    Stop code was 0xc000021a

Original Poster

https://s23.postimg.org/kpcyupjx7/image.jpg

Original Poster

https://s29.postimg.org/f6km1gjfb/image.jpg

Original Poster

https://s30.postimg.org/9o2dczgnl/image.jpg

Original Poster

lollypoplee

​im guessing she cannot get that far ? i was gonna say the same as you b … ​im guessing she cannot get that far ? i was gonna say the same as you but i THINK shes stuck at the initial windows 10 spinning circle screen ?in that respect she would need a boot disc or usb and knowledge of how to change the bios to boot from it and seeing as shes struggling posting a picture i dolnt hold much hope X)

Pics added

Original Poster

lollypoplee

??? not much to go on inspector !

I've added pics

have you tried selecting the advanced options and then selecting "system restore" ?

thats probably the safest and easiest option at the moment.
    windows should then select the day andcdate most suitable

lollypoplee

​im guessing she cannot get that far ? i was gonna say the same as you b … ​im guessing she cannot get that far ? i was gonna say the same as you but i THINK shes stuck at the initial windows 10 spinning circle screen ?in that respect she would need a boot disc or usb and knowledge of how to change the bios to boot from it and seeing as shes struggling posting a picture i dolnt hold much hope X)

Turns out she could actually be a he but yep... agree with you, try a system restore.
    Edited by: "miikeyblue" 8th Mar

miikeyblue

Turns out she could actually be a he but yep... agree with you, try a … Turns out she could actually be a he but yep... agree with you, try a system restore.

​but his/her name is betty X) X) X) ????
    hmmmm........ betty as frank spencer says lol

Original Poster

Ihttps://s28.postimg.org/5bupi8kxp/image.jpg

Original Poster

miikeyblue

Turns out she could actually be a he but yep... agree with you, try a … Turns out she could actually be a he but yep... agree with you, try a system restore.

System restore didn't work

Ok... can you boot to command prompt?

barrel24

here you go

Actually... before you go off trying to find command prompt... do this first!

Original Poster

Will try that

Original Poster

miikeyblue

Actually... before you go off trying to find command prompt... do this … Actually... before you go off trying to find command prompt... do this first!

It's attempting repair

i thought you had already attempted repair and it failed ?
    anb Microsoft are telling to use the shift and restart method but how are you gonna manage that when you are unable to reach the login screen ???

Original Poster

lollypoplee

i thought you had already attempted repair and it failed ?anb Microsoft … i thought you had already attempted repair and it failed ?anb Microsoft are telling to use the shift and restart method but how are you gonna manage that when you are unable to reach the login screen ???

I did try it and it did fail .got to try again.
    You got any ideas

Original Poster

bettyrheyetti

I did try it and it did fail .got to try again.You got any ideas

I'm out my depth on this

are you bothered about loosing the data on it ?
    did you have a local account or live account ?
    local account : username and password at logon screen.
    live account : full username and email address and password at logon screen.
    if you had a live account most of your data will be backed up on the cloud

Original Poster

lollypoplee

are you bothered about loosing the data on it ?did you have a local … are you bothered about loosing the data on it ?did you have a local account or live account ?local account : username and password at logon screen. live account : full username and email address and password at logon screen. if you had a live account most of your data will be backed up on the cloud

Just a local account

Original Poster

Not too fussed

lollypoplee

Would rather not lose data .but might have to

if you can get back to the advanced options screen after it fails to repair, you could select the startup settings and then select the option that lets you enable safe mode while booting.
    might help, its just a thought

Original Poster

https://s8.postimg.org/tpvjzjeet/image.jpg

Original Poster

lollypoplee

if you can get back to the advanced options screen after it fails to … if you can get back to the advanced options screen after it fails to repair, you could select the startup settings and then select the option that lets you enable safe mode while booting.might help, its just a thought

What one

press number 4 or might be f4

then when it restarts it should stop on a black screen with writing, choose safe mode
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. PayPal payment cancellation?33
      2. Xperia X - No notification light for Texts?11
      3. Stream Showbox from Bluestacks?34
      4. Decent 4k TV on a budget33

See more discussions