Groups

Switching energy supplier question

I am currently in the process of switching to Powergen for my gas/elec. A stage in the switchover process is them ringing me and asking for a meter readings. Do they check this with the old supplier, or hypothetically could I add a few hundred units on to the reading? If so do they then tell the old supplier the reading taken for them to produce a final bill?

4 Comments

They don't usually check, although the old company MAY decide to do so if one of their guys is in the area.

Assuming that you're swapping to get a cheaper deal, why would you want to ADD units to the final reading????

EDIT: Sorry, just re-read your post a bit better! The new company will contact your old supplier & confirm the readings with them, so you won't be able to 'lose' any units.

Original Poster

Thanks for the advice. I think I'll leave shady dealings to more qualified people than me lol.

Banned

The best advice I can give is that you have gone with a good company :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Got £60 quidco as a nice sweetner too!
    I can't believe I was so stupid and lazy not to have switched ages ago. Paying two different companies on their standard tarrif, when I take hours trying to find the cheapest price for a £20 item on ebay. Madness!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Competitions on HUKD712
      2. Cheapest way to obtain Microsoft Office?88
      3. word survey1316
      4. advice needed on dumbell weight training please35

See more discussions