Switching from one SIM only deal to another on the same network.

Posted 19th Oct
Hi,

I wondered if anyone had any bright ideas with this. I currently have a Vodafone SIM only deal that I bought through e2save and the deal ends in November. It's one which came with cashback which obviously will stop once this deal ends. I wondered if anyone had any clever ideas how I could switch to another Vodafone SIM only deal (with or without cashback)?

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
Just phone Vodafone up, I've never heard anyone being told they can't change, in fact they'd be happy to keep your custom. Call them you've nothing to lose.
Get pac code and move to payg on another network and then once complete apply for pac code from payg sim and use that code to apply for new deal
STRICKIBHOY19/10/2019 22:25

Just phone Vodafone up, I've never heard anyone being told they can't …Just phone Vodafone up, I've never heard anyone being told they can't change, in fact they'd be happy to keep your custom. Call them you've nothing to lose.

Problem is they don't offer anything competitive like the Carphone Warehouse spinoffs do. So wouldn't be able to get anything near what I want directly from them
justanothercid19/10/2019 22:27

Get pac code and move to payg on another network and then once complete …Get pac code and move to payg on another network and then once complete apply for pac code from payg sim and use that code to apply for new deal

This did cross my mind, obviously would just prefer the hassle of not switching then switching again.
toddenham19/10/2019 22:29

This did cross my mind, obviously would just prefer the hassle of not …This did cross my mind, obviously would just prefer the hassle of not switching then switching again.

Port out + port in is the usual way. Not so inconvenient now that PACs can be obtained via text. Time everything for midweek and technically the whole process can take under 30hrs. Most/some networks/MVNOs don't require topup to function for porting, so choose one of those as the intermediary.
Daughter had to change to another network by buying a cheap sim and then going back to her original network as a new customer. I kid you not!
There might be good deal on other network during blackfriday.

Or you can port out to PAYG on other network and port back
Yes it's much easier to port to a non Vodafone sim then port back again than it used to be.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants