Switching from Virgin Cable to BT etc

Found 16th Sep 2017
So I am with Virgin and just gave my notice to cancel and want to switch to Vodafone but when i try to get the deal from Vodafone ,the website says

We need to install a new line at your property

We'll give you a new number once the line has been installed.

Is there no way to keep my number ? I tried with the BT website ie making a new order and it says

Switching from cable?

To keep your current number, please keep your phone line connected until we have installed your BT service.

If you're ordering broadband and TV with us too, you'll need to tell your current provider that you're leaving them.

and then

Inactive phone line found

Good news – we've found a line.

There's
a phone line at this address that's not being used but we can easily
activate it for you. Some customers may have to pay a connection charge.
This is £50 for activating an existing line.

What gives guys ?
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
Pretty self explanatory . You have an old inactive BT line at your address (being with Virgin you'll be using their (Virgins)cable at the moment ) . To get Broadband from any other provider you need an active BT line . So it will cost to switch and unlikely you will be able to retain your current phone number.
Not sure if this helps you as you're planning to switch to Vodafone but I switched from VM to BT and I kept my number.
I seem to to remember an option to keep or get a new number at the time of ordering.
Just done the same virgin to bt....needed a new line but got that MSE deal a few weeks ago so cost nothing....didn't request number when ordering but rang bt up after, was told they will put a port request in to virgin and i will get my number within 14 days of my contract ending with virgin
Vodaphone! Oh noooooooo. noooooo....
I switched from virgin to bt and o kept my existing number. Just entered the details while ordering online. Like afew others I used the bt deal that was on here a while back.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants