Groups

Switching to night shifts.

Switching to night shifts starting from tomorrow for 5 days, any tips to help me along?

14 Comments

Banned

yes loads .. what you want to know ?

Get as much sleep as you can.

dont OD on pro plus....thats was a bad time....

it does get easier the longer you do it

Original Poster

Well stuff like when should i go to bed, get up etc? roughly...

ilovepink

dont OD on pro plus....thats was a bad time....it does get easier the … dont OD on pro plus....thats was a bad time....it does get easier the longer you do it

lol, did you od on pro plus ilp ?..........i have bought these now and again when ive been really tired /been up with kids when ill and find they dont do much !...Wish they would though , might just be me

Banned

spobby

Well stuff like when should i go to bed, get up etc? roughly...

well what time does your night shift start ?

shopstilldrops

lol, did you od on pro plus ilp ?..........i have bought these now and … lol, did you od on pro plus ilp ?..........i have bought these now and again when ive been really tired /been up with kids when ill and find they dont do much !...Wish they would though , might just be me

well, one night i was sooo tired and i didnt think they were working.....i think i took about 8/10 tabs and got the shakes and felt all weird and sickly...i couldnt wait for my shift to finish and get home felt awful

Ive done night shifts for 7 years the best advice is to Definitley try and get your sleep during the day otherwise you will suffer. Didn't get on with pro plus but I sometimes have diet red bull if required. If you start to lag splash your face with cold water

I have had experience of working nightshifts and I would recommend that you go to the gym for about an hour at the end of your shift.

Gyms such as Fitness First open at 6.30 am so they are ideal to drop into when you have finished a night shift.

I gurantee that you won't have any problems sleeping if you get into a habit of exercising at the end of your shift and it will keep you nice and healthy.

You just fulfilled the first rule of law enforcement: make sure when your shift is over you go home alive. Here endeth the lesson.

black out your windows and ear plugs anything to stop any distractions any put house phone on mute you'll be amazed the number of times that phone goes!
    i used to take antihistamines what were drowsy to help me nod off if i needed to switch off and berocca when i woke up

it does get easier thou!!!!

Original Poster

starting at 10pm finishing 7/8.

spobby

starting at 10pm finishing 7/8.

i used to work 10pm to 6am (only had to do mon-thursday thou)..... i used to get in and go straight to bed (after a quick wash and wee) and used to getup around 1/1:30pm

ilovepink

well, one night i was sooo tired and i didnt think they were … well, one night i was sooo tired and i didnt think they were working.....i think i took about 8/10 tabs and got the shakes and felt all weird and sickly...i couldnt wait for my shift to finish and get home felt awful

oO....omg bet you did, ive only ever taken two at a time !.and must admit ive been tempted to take more as they didnt help .., but after what you have just said i better hadnt , will just put matchsticks in my eyes instead X)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767347
      2. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927370
      3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1871347
      4. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2445

See more discussions