Swoopo - Anybody use it ??

5 replies
Found 26th Jul 2009
Quick question - Does anyone out there use swoopo to bid for things, just want to know if it's any good - Thanks

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
5 Comments

Yeh I did!! Stay well away, its such a con. Because you have to buy bids, you don't really end up making a saving if your lucky enough to win an item in the first place!!

Original Poster

Miss Money Penny;5851285

Yeh I did!! Stay well away, its such a con. Because you have to buy bids, … Yeh I did!! Stay well away, its such a con. Because you have to buy bids, you don't really end up making a saving if your lucky enough to win an item in the first place!!

Thank you :thumbsup:

I have used and won a Sony Tv totally by chance. My friend spent over £300 and won nothing. Stay away unless you like wasting money.

I've never used it before but considered it a while ago.
After looking at it for a bit, I realised that they sell an item retailing at a couple hundred and make upto £1000 through people buying bids and hoping for the best.

I can imagine a lot of people would buy loads of bids and think to themselves "I've already spent £50 trying to keep bidding for this item, so I don't wanna end up with nothing, so i'll go into a bidding war with this other guy" and that's when you end up being out of pocket until one of you gives up.

Original Poster

Thanks all rep left
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Free money and competition entry @ Circle56
    2. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition56527
    3. Free flights to Europe712
    4. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)44

See more discussions