Swtiching to Galaxy from Iphone-Advice?

Found 26th Sep 2017
Hi, i am thinking of switching to galaxy s8 plus from iphone 6s plus and have couple of questions for those who own galaxy s8. How is the performance of the phone ie the lag and apps crashing, and how is the daily battery life so far.

Thanks in advance

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
10 Comments

I would like to know as well please.

Original Poster

Anyone ?

CypriotMaster13 h, 10 m ago

Anyone ?

I'm sure I've replied yesterday?
you wont notice performance issues especially at the beginning. each OS manages performance differently. iOS will give priority (as it normally does) for animations and smoothness whereas android will multitask both (smootheness and performance).
In real life ... well, I would say dont worry about it. provided you dont have 10000's of messages, photos etc stored on your phone it will work fine.
People will tell you that phone slows down but they often blame the phone not themselves
Battery life on galaxy phones is usually excellent (especially on Exynos chips).
Apps crashing? I challenge anyone to prove that on either OS apps do not crash

Original Poster

mattsk1 h, 44 m ago

I'm sure I've replied yesterday?you wont notice performance issues …I'm sure I've replied yesterday?you wont notice performance issues especially at the beginning. each OS manages performance differently. iOS will give priority (as it normally does) for animations and smoothness whereas android will multitask both (smootheness and performance).In real life ... well, I would say dont worry about it. provided you dont have 10000's of messages, photos etc stored on your phone it will work fine.People will tell you that phone slows down but they often blame the phone not themselves Battery life on galaxy phones is usually excellent (especially on Exynos chips).Apps crashing? I challenge anyone to prove that on either OS apps do not crash

Oh its not showing up for me for some reason? Having owned an android previously i know how phones start to lag and slow down after a while. This was the case within pretty much most of the androids which were not optimised for the hardware. However the recent galaxy’s looks to be somewhat optimised and slimmed down version of Samsung Experience (aka touchwiz) my battery life on the 6s plus seems to what somewhat inconsistent, one day doing really well the next day not so well. Apps crashing hasnt been a problem for me on ios as it only happens once or twice in couple of months. Where as previously on android apps use too crash a lot more often. If the galaxy can take me around 2 years without major lags and stutters ill consider buying it.

only time you normally see issues with performance on iphones is when the phone is too old for the updates or you update to the final version before Apple stops updating it and you see lag, but saying that we have had a 4S with no issues until its battery started to go a few months ago. New ios 11 seems a bit of a step back but guess its personal choice.. Battery life is good but would depend on how you use your phone, I can get a couple of days out of my 7 but don't use it for facebook and twitter so not on it every 5 mins, the kids though need to charge every day on their SEs. Check out the o2 refurb refresh deals we recently got brand new SE's for £120 never registered and a 7 for £267 with 11.5 months apple warranty if you are happy to go through the hoops there are normally some good deals to be had.

Samsung make a mess of the stock android OS, I would suggest a new Pixel XL2, they will be coming out in a few weeks. Performance wise it should equal the Samsung, should have better battery life too, and it will be the first to get new updates.

Original Poster

Roughly how many hrs of sot usage are we looking at the most? I currently get just under 4hrs with the 6s plus

CypriotMaster13 m ago

Roughly how many hrs of sot usage are we looking at the most? I currently …Roughly how many hrs of sot usage are we looking at the most? I currently get just under 4hrs with the 6s plus

depends. newer Samsungs (S8 onwards) can often get 5-6 hours but it totally depends on usage

Bigfootpete4 h, 16 m ago

Samsung make a mess of the stock android OS, I would suggest a new Pixel …Samsung make a mess of the stock android OS, I would suggest a new Pixel XL2, they will be coming out in a few weeks. Performance wise it should equal the Samsung, should have better battery life too, and it will be the first to get new updates.

so you are suggesting a phone nobody knows anything about? a phone (knowing google past devices) is likely to have some kind of major flaw? bravo
CypriotMaster1 h, 34 m ago

Roughly how many hrs of sot usage are we looking at the most? I currently …Roughly how many hrs of sot usage are we looking at the most? I currently get just under 4hrs with the 6s plus

5hrs is pretty standard, check MKBHD review what he gets is pretty much spot on for 90% of users

mattsk19 h, 48 m ago

so you are suggesting a phone nobody knows anything about? a phone …so you are suggesting a phone nobody knows anything about? a phone (knowing google past devices) is likely to have some kind of major flaw? bravo5hrs is pretty standard, check MKBHD review what he gets is pretty much spot on for 90% of users

Someone is a major cynic - I've not had any major flaws with any of my phones in 19 years, the last two have been Nexus phones. Only reason I upgraded was the Nexus 5 had battery issues, no such problem with the Nexus 6P, maybe I've been lucky not to get the bootloop issue (which was a Huawei hardware issue so hardly Googles fault).

The new phone is by LG and they have a good reputation, all I hear from Samsung users is complaints about battery life and slowness.

Also the Pixel 2XL is an upgrade of an already excellent phone.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants