Sydney Hotel booking Feb 2010. Now or later?

Can anyone advise on whether I should book my Sydney hotel now or leave it until later. I'll be flying out in Feb 2010. There are few deals with 20-30% off if I book now (for a 3 night stay) but is it better to leave it until a few weeks before the trip? Is it likely that I'd find it hard to book anything then?

Cheers

3 Comments

Are you staying somewhere in Oz and then travelling to Sydney? The only reason I ask is that when I was there I stayed in Brisbane with relatives for the majority of the time and then booked hotels once I was there. I can't remember the price I got for Sydney but I do know I got a penthouse suite in Surfer's Paradise for less than £20 a night and it was amazing!
If you can wait while you're there to book I'd do that but obviously it depends on if you're staying with family or friends and have somewhere to stay until you can book. Don't want to end up camping out on the street as soon as you get there lol!

Original Poster

spider1986;5563502

Are you staying somewhere in Oz and then travelling to Sydney? The only … Are you staying somewhere in Oz and then travelling to Sydney? The only reason I ask is that when I was there I stayed in Brisbane with relatives for the majority of the time and then booked hotels once I was there. I can't remember the price I got for Sydney but I do know I got a penthouse suite in Surfer's Paradise for less than £20 a night and it was amazing!If you can wait while you're there to book I'd do that but obviously it depends on if you're staying with family or friends and have somewhere to stay until you can book. Don't want to end up camping out on the street as soon as you get there lol!



Flying into Sydney and and staying 3 nights b4 driving to Brisbane. As we are only there for a few nights I was going to push the boat out and book a Marriott which ends up around about £350 for a family room for 3 nights. I was just wondering if there are regular half price deals for the big hotels in Sydney I suppose. Not expecting a £10 a night Devere's deal but nearer £200 for the 3 nights would be good! Don't really want to leave it until I get there as it's probably going to be a bit of a risk with the family in tow...also not sure I'll get my Montana 6 tent in my hand luggage!

That makes it more difficult then. If there's money off now I'm sure there would be money off later, it might be worth waiting and seeing if it goes cheaper early next year and book just before you go.

Good luck though, Sydney's lovely. I'm sure you'll have a fab time!
Post a comment
Avatar
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763979
    2. Any PS4 News Here29213595
    3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846087
    4. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941301

    See more discussions