Groups

System 32 keeps coming up when starting my computer

Everytime i start my computer system 32 is there on the screen. I have done all virus, antispyware scans etc. Anyone know anything about this and how to rid it.

6 Comments

Original Poster

sorted it out now

We have had this come up too - do you know what it is please and what to do about it?!

Original Poster

will ask my oh and definately get back to you:thumbsup:

Banned

system 32 is part of windows so you must have a corrupt windows file. try doing a system restore backwards to before the problem started. as a last resort, reinstall windows.

Thanks guys!

Original Poster

it could be the win32/virut virus. Your anti-virus software will pick it up, but it will also be lurking in system restore, and if so, will regenerate itself. Check also: go to start/ run/ type in msconfig. Go across to the startup tab and click on it. Scroll down the list and you may see ticked box with no startup item named, but a location given (probably a registry listing). Uncheck just this one box, then click apply and ok. Reboot windows. This worked for me.......good luck
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…11
      2. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      3. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      4. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134

See more discussions