T cut for removing scratches

Hi

I need to use some T cut to remove a light scratch - i've got the metallic version , but does anyone have any tips for getting the best result ? What do I put it on with - do I need to buy a microfibre cloth or can i use a clean old tee shirt ? Do I need to apply anything afterwards to the scratch ?
I'm a bit cautious to use it , so any advise would be great thanks.

10 Comments

Any clean cotton cloth will do.
I asume you're talking about paintwork on a car? If so, a good quality wax polish afterwards to seal/protect the paintwork.

Original Poster

yes it's for a car , any recs for the wax polish ? btw thanks beekeeper - do u really keep bees ?

I have used this T cut befere without any problems, it was only for minor scratches though and when I have finished using the T cut I usually rinse the area off with clean water, that is without any detergents, and make sure you dry the area well before using the wax.

Don't be surprised if it makes no difference whatsoever to your scratch.;-)

Original Poster

thanks all - is it ok to wipe the area with just water and dry before I apply the t cut ? Or do I need to do something else prior to application

white spirit

denandyas;8093957

thanks all - is it ok to wipe the area with just water and dry before I … thanks all - is it ok to wipe the area with just water and dry before I apply the t cut ? Or do I need to do something else prior to application

Yes that's fine, just don't rub too hard or you may cut all of the top coat away.

Try a bit inside a door shut if you are unsure.

Just wash the area as normal and dry well before using the t-cut. It isnt a very strong product so only suitable for very minor surface scratches. You can use any cotton cloth to apply, but for the professional products, you can use a non-absorbent sponge. work the area across the scratch for its full length, then wipe off the excess and check. Repeat as necessary. Then once your happy, remove the excess with a damp cloth, dry again and wax Any half decent hard wax would be my recommendation. the liquid ones are just as good, but dont last as long. A hard wax, properly applied, will give a longer lasting finish and can be 'worked' more to give decent shine

dont bother with t cut it dus not work you want soem auto glym scrath remover it is very good stuff used by car dealers every were eg aston martin

Original Poster

thanks againg for your replies , I'll have a look out for autoglym , but I'll try T cut and wax first - thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764088
    2. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports1019
    3. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2642
    4. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44

See more discussions