Expired

T-Mobile 3G Broadband Contract Expires This Week! :(

Found 5th Mar 2009
I'm finally coming to the end of my 18 Month contract with T-Mobile for the 3G Wireless Broadband. Now the contracts ended I have the option to try Pay As You Go or to sell the Dongle and try the Pay As You Go 3 Modem instead. Can any of you advise me what the services are like on Pay As You Go for all major networks as i'll need some sort of internet lol, Also how much around would my T-Mobiile Dongle be worth if I sold it on? It's a model number E220 HSPDA USB Modem any help would be great thanks

7 Comments

Look here for best coverage where you normally use it. ]http//ww…uk/

As for cost not much in price on PAYG between networks apart from vodafone which is more expensive but has no expiry.

For the E220 £20 tops.

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD;4562143

Look here for best coverage where you normally use it. … Look here for best coverage where you normally use it. ]http://www.sitefinder.ofcom.org.uk/As for cost not much in price on PAYG between networks apart from vodafone which is more expensive but has no expiry.For the E220 £20 tops.

Trying that website I entered my postcode and it's found my road but where do I find the info about which has the best service?
And for the vodaphone modem what do you mean about no expiry? Sorry new to the pay and go broadband thing it's not the same lol

Marky264;4562193

Trying that website I entered my postcode and it's found my road but … Trying that website I entered my postcode and it's found my road but where do I find the info about which has the best service?And for the vodaphone modem what do you mean about no expiry? Sorry new to the pay and go broadband thing it's not the same lol

Put your post code in then look for the the little blue triangles and kick on them. A UMTS is a 3g transmitter. Remember if there is a hill in the way the neatest one might not give the best transmission. Line of sight if not too far will be better.

Vodafone has no expiry date on topups. So if like me you don't use it often its the best to go for.

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD;4562259

Put your post code in then look for the the little blue triangles and … Put your post code in then look for the the little blue triangles and kick on them. A UMTS is a 3g transmitter. Remember if there is a hill in the way the neatest one might not give the best transmission. Line of sight if not too far will be better.Vodafone has no expiry date on topups. So if like me you don't use it often its the best to go for.

cheers mate rep left, Might go into Vodafone tomorrow and get more details. When topping up using the service for example 3gb's worth of usage will the service just stop after using it or slow down? Meaning if you'd like to continue using it you'll have to top up again? Also is usage measured by the amount of hours you use or amount you download or view webpages? sory for asking so many questions lol

Mobile BB is based on download amount. Vodafone is by far the most expensive to use at £15 a gig rather than the £5 a gig on 3. However 3's only lasts for 30 days. As I hardly use mine and a £15 topup on vodafone lasts about 25 hours surfing then this is best for me. If your going to be using it for downloading and will use more than 1gb a month then the other networks will be a better bet.

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD;4562516

Mobile BB is based on download amount. Vodafone is by far the most … Mobile BB is based on download amount. Vodafone is by far the most expensive to use at £15 a gig rather than the £5 a gig on 3. However 3's only lasts for 30 days. As I hardly use mine and a £15 topup on vodafone lasts about 25 hours surfing then this is best for me. If your going to be using it for downloading and will use more than 1gb a month then the other networks will be a better bet.

ah I see! Yes i'm a heavy user so averge for me would be 3gb per month, will go with 3 I think seems quite a good offer on as well here - http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/351114/three-mobile-broadband-pay-as-you-g/showthread.php?t=351114&page=2

thanks again

Marky264;4562658

ah I see! Yes i'm a heavy user so averge for me would be 3gb per month, … ah I see! Yes i'm a heavy user so averge for me would be 3gb per month, will go with 3 I think seems quite a good offer on as well here - http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/351114/three-mobile-broadband-pay-as-you-g/showthread.php?t=351114&page=2thanks again

Yes well if you use it for normal use and you use 3gb a month then maybe PAYG may not be best. Sorry to put a spanner in the works but on 3 it will cost you 12x£15+£20 for modem so £200 for the year for 3gb on PAYG. But vodafone contract is 12x£15+free modem and £90 quidco so only £90 for a year equivalent of £2.50 a gig. Just a thought.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Arranging a courier88
    2. Combining gift cards with Barclays cash back22
    3. Cheap budget Samsung phone?22
    4. Google Home Mini Commands56

See more discussions