Groups

T-mobile 3G data question

Does anyone already use 3G for data on a iphone or HTC?

What sort of speeds are you getting?

I currently use Vodafone on my iPhone and find the download speeds really good, but am very tempted by the HTC Desire offers on t-mobile.

I tried a T-mobile sim in my iPhone and the results for Speedtest were very poor compared to Vodafone.

Is this just a poor result for my location, or is T-mobiles 3G speed poor in general?

3 Comments

I've got a G2 Touch/HTC hero on T-Mobile and I've just carried out some tests on a Speedtest.net app.

I can consistently download at speeds in the 230 - 240 kB/s range which is the equivalent of 1.8 - 1.9 Mbps. Upload speeds are around 60 - 70 kB/s which is about 0.5 Mbps.

You can check how far you are from a T-Mobile 3G/HSDPA mast using the Ofcom site - sitefinder.ofcom.org.uk/

Original Poster

Thanks for that,

I've just done another test and got 4673 kbps download and 477 kbps Upload on Vodafone.

So still a difference in speeds. I hope I'm not getting confused with kbps and kB/s

Original Poster

Anyone else have any experience?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…11
      2. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      3. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      4. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134

See more discussions