T-mobile Charge for voice calls

Found 2nd Mar 2010
I moved to T-mobile 1 month ago for an 18 month 100% cashback deal.

Little did I realise until it was too late that T-mobile charge for voicemail calls. These calls are not included in your minutes, they cost 12p per min or 12p per call if you call is less than a minute.

So far I have spent an extra £6 per on these calls (but had I actually listend to all of my voicemails in full I think the figure would be closer to £20!). By the time my 18 months are up I fully expect to have spent over £100 on voicemails (possibly over £200 if I start listening to all my messages). Had I known they charged for voicemail I would not have switched to T-mobile.

For Anyone else thinking of getting T-mobile I urge you not to do it if you check or recieve voicemail regulary. I usually get 3 voicemails per day as I cannot use my phone at certain times of the day, but if you only get 2 voicemails per day (all of which are under 1 minute - mine usually average 5-6mins) it will add £7.20 per month!

I am gutted about this, but I dont see that there is anything I can do as Im sure it is in the small print. From now on all T-mobile deals are cold for me. I am very bitter and hope whoever thought up this con gets made redundant pretty soon in all the job losses that are just around the corner when Orange eats up T-mobile.

1. Misc
  2. T-Mobile
10 Comments

mine are inclusive in my minutes. im on the flext 35 + internet package.

Banned

turn ya voicemail off, easy peasy lemon sneezy

do what i do, simply disable the voicemail service.
i know sometimes, my phone would be in the same place all day, with no missed calls, but i would have 'so many' voicemails left.
Sure they deliberately put calls onto voicemail just to get more money outta ya!
If you dont answer when they ring and its important, they will ring back............or its tough

may need to ring t-mobile CS to get them to de-activate it.

awoodhall2003;8001989

mine are inclusive in my minutes. im on the flext 35 + internet package.

I'm on the Flext 35 myself, and my voicemail calls are included. However on the newer plans, they are not included - but the way to get round it is to call your own mobile number... This goes straight to voicemail AND comes out your inclusive minutes :thumbsup:.

Pr3cious18;8002164

I'm on the Flext 35 myself, and my voicemail calls are included. However … I'm on the Flext 35 myself, and my voicemail calls are included. However on the newer plans, they are not included - but the way to get round it is to call your own mobile number... This goes straight to voicemail AND comes out your inclusive minutes :thumbsup:.

I love my Flext 35 been on it for 3 contracts now, last renewal I got them to throw in the internet as well for nothing...and the best thing? I only pay £17.50 per month for it! :-D

Thats an ace workaround so even if you use voicemail retrieval just change the settings on your phone for the voicemail number to your own then.

awoodhall2003;8002196

I love my Flext 35 been on it for 3 contracts now, last renewal I got … I love my Flext 35 been on it for 3 contracts now, last renewal I got them to throw in the internet as well for nothing...and the best thing? I only pay £17.50 per month for it! :-DThats an ace workaround so even if you use voicemail retrieval just change the settings on your phone for the voicemail number to your own then.

Me too!!! Can't go wrong with Flext (still can't believe they phased them out!!!) - been on it for nearly 4yrs myself! I got mine with unlimited evening & weekend calls, so get 10,000 mins to any network after 7pm and all weekend - upgraded last week so now only pay £24 for that including my internet - Great stuff :thumbsup:.

Pr3cious18;8002280

Me too!!! Can't go wrong with Flext (still can't believe they phased them … Me too!!! Can't go wrong with Flext (still can't believe they phased them out!!!) - been on it for nearly 4yrs myself! I got mine with unlimited evening & weekend calls, so get 10,000 mins to any network after 7pm and all weekend - upgraded last week so now only pay £24 for that including my internet - Great stuff :thumbsup:.

Yeah my girlfriends line has got free evening and weekend calls I believe, and my mums did before she went over to a lesser tariff as she doesnt use it as much anymore.
£24 is a good price though!

There is a way of picking them up for free if you have access to another phone on which calls to your mobile would be free. You need to follow these steps:

Call your T-Mobile number
Interrupt your voicemail greeting by pressing #
Enter your PIN number (not sure how to set-up a PIN, see below)
Listen to your messages

Setting up a PIN:

Call your voicemail
Select 'Personal options' followed by 'To change mailbox features' and follow the instructions

Hope this helps

i agree...Call your own number from your mobile...it goes straight to voicemail...i do it all the time...then it's free

Original Poster

thanks for the great info rep will be added once i get broadband back! moving from bt to be and the former have cut us off a few days early. mobile internet sucks on an lg viewty
Post a comment
@
    Text