Groups

T-Mobile Dance Advert - Liverpool Street station

At 11am 15th January 2009 Liverpool Street station, 400 people started dancing to 8 classic tracks. Hidden cameras filmed the crowd reaction. This advert was then broadcast within 24 hours, for the 1st time yesterday on Channel 4.

8 weeks of planning, 10,000 auditions, 10 hidden cameras.

'Life's for Sharing'

21 Comments

Original Poster

Prep for the commercial shoot. video ]link

video ]link to advert

Rep added funny as.

fantastic! lol:-D rep added

I think it turned out really well, but surprised that they are allowed to do it without getting consent from everyone they filmed! Wouldnt surprise me if there were complaints!

Love it!

Brilliant

Original Poster

you do need permission to film in London (medium to big scale, and especially when production companies are involved). permits are obtained from the London borough you're filming in, in this case would be City of London. Then the London Transport film office would be involved too. parking permits for the crew (if required) are issued for a fee or waived depending on the council film office's discretion.

They would also have had to use the space when the station is closed (in prep video) ... and it would be a big-ish operation behind the scenes if they had to audition 10,000 people (maybe not all at the same time/same venue).

good way to cheer up people.

seen it last night , good ad

kelly_o_fanatic;4099522

I think it turned out really well, but surprised that they are allowed to … I think it turned out really well, but surprised that they are allowed to do it without getting consent from everyone they filmed! Wouldnt surprise me if there were complaints!

my ex asked me ,

....why were you in town today

....i wasn't

....well you're in the background on the news , walking down church st ........with a woman!

.... :oops:

nikkib123;4099865

Why you trying to make out you're some sort of liverpudlian Romeo?:p

Shall I hear more , or shall I speak at this? ........calm down,calm down juliet

wow that was soooo good, shame they dont do it more often i bet it seriously cheers a good few people up, and the fact even people watching joined it was funny. if you where there would you of just watched or had a sly dance as well ?

dcx_badass;4100254

I think it's Liverpool street station in London, that's what my mum said, … I think it's Liverpool street station in London, that's what my mum said, I thought it was Liverpool, but that's called Liverpool Lime Street Station.

nikks is often see outside lime st , late at night :whistling:

nikkib123;4100838

Thought I recognised you from somewhere!

ya still owe me change from the tenner :oops:

nikkib123;4100913

Tenner - it was a twenty. I am not THAT cheap

not cheap , even primark wont let ya in

Original Poster

lol you two.

kippy;4101925

lol you two.

nikks goes quiet when ya mention primark ,
    she got kicked out of there years ago for lowering the tone :whistling:

Original Poster

hey just saw the ad repeated a few times last night ...

lol @ people n utube thinking it was in liverpool

was good though

Original Poster

'Frozen' in Grand Central station in New York
    video ]link
    [IMG]img.youtube.com/vi/…jpg?h=60&w=80&sigh=__tG30hNJr6-CUCRt8A4YaX-W8Xj0=[/IMG]

'Tic Tac Man'
    ]video link
    http://i4.ytimg.com/vi/_Ro6Ipwr0M4/default.jpg

this type of marketing is much more viral and exciting and employed in recent campaigns.

I liked the people joining in!

Original Poster

Abvance;4147031

I liked the people joining in!

we think it's a setup.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4992467
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846351
      3. GCSE Results day89
      4. Samsung Note 81118

See more discussions