Groups
    EXPIRED

T-Mobile G1 (Google Android mobile phone)

Hi guys,

Just wondering if the price on the T Mobile site is the absolute cheapest I could get one of these for? I can't find any other deals online to be honest, and I won't use any where near enough minutes/texts to justify it (currently on Orange PAYG, top up £10 a month, get 300 free texts and never, ever need to top up any more).

Cheers

7 Comments

Free Android on Flext 30£ (700 mins, 1400 texts or any mix you use FREE mobile internet)
    Is this what you are after?

Or
    Free Android on Flext 31.50£ (1000 mins, 2000 texts or any mix you use FREE mobile internet)

Original Poster

Looks good thanks, was kinda wondering if there was lower package that was around £20p/m and just had like, 100 minutes and 500 texts - that'd be more than enough for me!

Ah well, will consider the £30pm one, thanks

Has anyone brought this phone yet. I was really interested in it, but I dont know anyone that has used it yet?

thanks

Probably not much help to you.. but.. I heard that if you sign up as an application developer for the phone, then you get it sim-free for about 200ukp.

cleudo;4034770

Probably not much help to you.. but.. I heard that if you sign up as an … Probably not much help to you.. but.. I heard that if you sign up as an application developer for the phone, then you get it sim-free for about 200ukp.

Err, not quite...it's a US offer @ $399 ( £272!) but UK shipping is another $170, and the handset is not meant for 'end users' as it'd be easy to overwrite a key part of the boot firmware by accidently holding a button in etc so it's not designed for day to day use - although production firmware can be loaded. It's got a different casing design as well though.

In the US t-mobile will sell you a locked G1 for $399 anyway without a contract, it will work on t-mobile networks worldwide without unlocking or unlocking can be done for £14 or so. Maybe ask someone you know who's going over? I picked up a few last time I was there and still have a couple left. :whistling: Warranty is worldwide.

Richard
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. GAP Insurance Recommendations11
      2. Any discount for paultons park?22
      3. New Layout is Confusing: How to I navigate to specific items!?56
      4. Ide to sata converter55

See more discussions