Groups

T-Mobile getting rid of those on discounted tariffs!

My phone is due an upgrade - has been for about 6 months now.. so I called T-Mobile and asked about an upgrade.

They would not upgrade me with a phone free of charge - like they have for the last 6 years because I am on a discounted Tariff (family reduction).

The guy on the phone said apparently it is happening to alot of people since their change of policy.

I've also noticed that their new tariffs are for 18 and 24 months - I couldn't see any 12 month plans at all. Seems cheeky.

I'm off to check out Orange!

5 Comments

You can get a 12 month contract if you insist.

When upgrading my daughter phone recently they were trying to force us down the route of a 24 month contract and only backed down when I said we'd look elsewhere, and that was with T-Mobile.

Had to pay a little more for the phone she wanted but was worth it.

Original Poster

Yes I said I was going to look around - and they weren't interested in keeping my custom - I don't appear to spend enough money!

My Wife is on Tmobile and it has been a carp service and reception from the start due to upgrade now and they were useless when she enquired on what tarrifs/phones so she has gone to O2 and is much happier so far with the conversations she has had today (withO2):thumbsup:

Kinda strange really. I work for T-Mobile, have 4 lines with them all on friends and family and have just upgraded 2 of them with a £100 dicount off the price of a phone for each. Believe me when I say the fact I work for them makes no difference to the discount I get as I have their staff plan which has a 0 monthly fee but we have to pay full price for the phones.

Obviously they do look at usage but my bills for the 4 lines never goes over £45.

A few people I have put on friends and relations in the past have been told they should disconnect, speak to their "friend" and get another dicount. The only problem with this is that the discount they will receive is not gor life like the original friends and relations scheme so if I were to leave they also lose their discount.

theone;4266224

Kinda strange really. I work for T-Mobile, have 4 lines with them all on … Kinda strange really. I work for T-Mobile, have 4 lines with them all on friends and family and have just upgraded 2 of them with a £100 dicount off the price of a phone for each. Believe me when I say the fact I work for them makes no difference to the discount I get as I have their staff plan which has a 0 monthly fee but we have to pay full price for the phones. Obviously they do look at usage but my bills for the 4 lines never goes over £45.A few people I have put on friends and relations in the past have been told they should disconnect, speak to their "friend" and get another dicount. The only problem with this is that the discount they will receive is not gor life like the original friends and relations scheme so if I were to leave they also lose their discount.

so how are you supposed to get an upgrade when they say no, cause i have the same problem is there anything we can mention or just tough luck?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Get an annual MOT reminder711
      2. MacOS High Sierra - Workgroup name problem11
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767434
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2749

See more discussions