T-Mobile help.

Found 21st Mar 2010
Hellooo,

I can upgrade my phone today, does that mean i can haggle on the price or have to upgrade with no special offers?

If i remember rightly they let you upgrade a month before your contract ends.

Currently got
Samsung Tocco
18 month contract
Flext 40 on a reduced rate, bills come up to £32 each month.

Anyone in the same boat? What should i be asking for/ what can i get?

1. Misc
  2. T-Mobile
8 Comments

I think you can upgrade your phone or have a reduction to your bill without an upgrade(£10 per month discount) as far as I can remember

Original Poster

skusey;8168850

I think you can upgrade your phone or have a reduction to your bill … I think you can upgrade your phone or have a reduction to your bill without an upgrade(£10 per month discount) as far as I can remember

£10 a month, gonna need more than that :-)

Just been checking my account page on t mobile and to upgrade to HTC tocuh2 will cost me £390 plus an 18 month contract :lol:

Has anyone got an iphone off retentions?

umm..you can haggle whenever you sign a contract (new or existing), you just need to look around the market to see what you can get, then say to t-mobile.. I can get this this this from xyz, can you match? better?

Original Poster

Inquisitor;8168938

umm..you can haggle whenever you sign a contract (new or existing), you … umm..you can haggle whenever you sign a contract (new or existing), you just need to look around the market to see what you can get, then say to t-mobile.. I can get this this this from xyz, can you match? better?

Thanks,

I assumed i could haggle but just wandering if i wait another month ill egt an even better deal.

Although you are right, i will try tmrw and ask them to either give me an iphone or beat o2 simplicity deal :thumbsup:

Last time i spoke to them they said they can offer the iphone but only to existing customers

Starr;8168967

Thanks,I assumed i could haggle but just wandering if i wait another … Thanks,I assumed i could haggle but just wandering if i wait another month ill egt an even better deal.Although you are right, i will try tmrw and ask them to either give me an iphone or beat o2 simplicity deal :thumbsup:Last time i spoke to them they said they can offer the iphone but only to existing customers

iphones are poo, get a htc the legend is coming out end of the month, (G3) should be v good. oh isnt april a the next quarter? new batch of phones will be out. 'older' ones will be discounted :thumbsup:

Oh also, if your not getting much luck in store try ringing up. Think ringing up has better chances of success of exactly what you want.

Original Poster

Inquisitor;8169015

iphones are poo, get a htc the legend is coming out end of the month, … iphones are poo, get a htc the legend is coming out end of the month, (G3) should be v good. oh isnt april a the next quarter? new batch of phones will be out. 'older' ones will be discounted :thumbsup:Oh also, if your not getting much luck in store try ringing up. Think ringing up has better chances of success of exactly what you want.

I think an iphone is the way to go for me, i have an itouch which i use a lot so would be able to sell that as well as would then use the iphone.

I know there is a new iphone just around the corner so that will affect prices also, dont know whether its worth waiting for that

Had a go on my mate HTC, very nice phone but didn't appeal to me for some reason.

Will def be ringing up rather than going instore, straight through to retentions to request my PAC :whistling:

If you get an iPhone from T-mobile you'll lose all of your current discount as they cannot discount the tariffs with that phone.

I had my upgrade 25th Feb... i did not bother with a phone, managed to get £240 off my bill for the 18mth, I'm on the Flext 35 with internet - totalling £40, however with discount I am now paying £24. I did my upgrade instore though, didn't get offered as much over the phone, and on the internet was a pile of poo!

Original Poster

Pr3cious18;8169211

If you get an iPhone from T-mobile you'll lose all of your current … If you get an iPhone from T-mobile you'll lose all of your current discount as they cannot discount the tariffs with that phone.I had my upgrade 25th Feb... i did not bother with a phone, managed to get £240 off my bill for the 18mth, I'm on the Flext 35 with internet - totalling £40, however with discount I am now paying £24. I did my upgrade instore though, didn't get offered as much over the phone, and on the internet was a pile of poo!

Thanks for the info, exactly what i was looking for.

To be honest if i dont get better than i will def be going for simplicity with cashback
Post a comment
@
    Text