Groups

T-mobile internet iphone?

I've just checked my bill online (t-mobile) and this is what it's saying in my "unbilled usage"

17/07/2009 Web 194.67 Kb £1.21 £0.85 general.t-mobile.uk T-Mobile/UK UK

All this since i've had my iphone, anyone know what may be costing me money ???

Please help, will add rep.

11 Comments

Sounds like you've been on the internet, possibly by accident, but they'll still get billed for it. I used to do it all the time accidently with my old Nokia 5800.

Original Poster

stefor;5787840

Sounds like you've been on the internet, possibly by accident, but … Sounds like you've been on the internet, possibly by accident, but they'll still get billed for it.

is that it is it mate ? apps on the iphone don't access the internet do they ??? (not facebook etc. i mean the ones like sprit level etc.)

stefor;5787840

Sounds like you've been on the internet, possibly by accident, but … Sounds like you've been on the internet, possibly by accident, but they'll still get billed for it. I used to do it all the time accidently with my old Nokia 5800.

would guess so as it says 'WEB'

Original Poster

lil_tiger;5787863

would guess so as it says 'WEB'

yes but how ? it's got about another 10 of those that ive pasted into the thread and i do NOT know how

It used to do that with my old phone 2

Original Poster

do you get charged for using wifi !? ????

ScRiVs;5788039

do you get charged for using wifi !? ????

No, you don't get charged for WiFi, but on my 5800 it used to give you the choice of way to access the web and sometimes I'd press Virgin gateway and not realise it until I got the bill and saw 3 x 30p daily internet use.

Original Poster

stefor;5788413

No, you don't get charged for WiFi, but on my 5800 it used to give you … No, you don't get charged for WiFi, but on my 5800 it used to give you the choice of way to access the web and sometimes I'd press Virgin gateway and not realise it until I got the bill and saw 3 x 30p daily internet use.

i swear im getting charged for going on the 'fun' apps on the iphone can someone tell me please

I remeber reading about a guy somewhere going abroad and getting a massive bill because his iphone was constantly checking his email account withoput him knowing,

I assume you have no web bolt on/web and walk option.

The charges are because your inadvertantly using GPRS/3G. Could be anything, an app that you don't realise connects to the web (for logs etc). Email set to auto retrieve periodically, etc.

If you definately don't want to use mobile internet, on the iPhone go to:

settings -> general -> network -> cellular data network

Delete all the details under Cellular Data. Reboot and go back in to ensure they have been wiped, some people have had a problem where the changes revert after you exit the meni/reboot..

The little symbol (will be a ., E, 3G depending on if you are connected to GPRS/EDGE/3G) next to the network name (t-mobile in your case) in the top right will disappear if you've done it right.

[COLOR="Blue"]I.E. Before deleting settings you would see one of the following on the top right:

T-Mobile E or T-mobile 3G or T-Mobile (with a solid dot after it, sorry don't have anything to represent it)

After deleting the settings you should now just see:

T-Mobile[/COLOR]

You can now open Safari or some other web enabled app to ensure mobile data no longer works.

You can also call T-Mobile and explain th situation. They may credit you part or all of the charges given the circumstances (as I would assume you haven't used much data if it was accidental).

Good luck

tonyg1962;5789427

I remeber reading about a guy somewhere going abroad and getting a … I remeber reading about a guy somewhere going abroad and getting a massive bill because his iphone was constantly checking his email account withoput him knowing,

He must have set mobile data roaming to ON. Its usually OFF by default. Can be quite easy to flick the switch by mistake while scrolling through other settings on the menu.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Good Sim only deals??510
      2. Tiny white mites in bedroom and living room HELP333549
      3. Now tv entertainment passes11
      4. Best laptop for a budget of £700?22

See more discussions