Groups

T-mobile iPhone fair usage policy

I am currently on a fair use of 3GB and using it with my iPhone 4 - I keep going over my fair use...

1) I don't understand how ?

2) how do you lot on 500mb or 1GB cope ?

15 Comments

how many things do you have on push? and how often?

I have a 3gb android usage, I've used 10gb this month oO X)

Original Poster

Erm, facebook and my emails is pretty much it - I dont tether or anything granted I do use grooveshark... but surely that can't be all that ?

Original Poster

Lost Symphonies

I have a 3gb android usage, I've used 10gb this month oO X)

How I don't understand how I do it, I am also on the 3GB android usage - they slow it don't they or restrict it at peak times ?

james_lfc

How I don't understand how I do it, I am also on the 3GB android usage … How I don't understand how I do it, I am also on the 3GB android usage - they slow it don't they or restrict it at peak times ?

Erm I use the WiFi tether when I'm at uni when I'm in lessons and when I'm online playing xbox (which I admit, I do way too much), watching youtube vids and the like. I'm using it now actually

Im not sure if it is restricted, here is what I get:
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/1050241284.png

You can't wifi tether can you? I'm guessing your tethering your photo into ur pc and using mobile data?

Original Poster

Lost Symphonies

Erm I use the WiFi tether when I'm at uni when I'm in lessons and when … Erm I use the WiFi tether when I'm at uni when I'm in lessons and when I'm online playing xbox (which I admit, I do way too much), watching youtube vids and the like. I'm using it now actually ;)Im not sure if it is restricted, here is what I get:

They sent me a text saying, between 4pm and midnight on browsing will be possible

tmobile are the only company to not charge you for more, they moan if you go over it, but will never enforce any penalty for it

golemsmate

You can't wifi tether can you? I'm guessing your tethering your photo … You can't wifi tether can you? I'm guessing your tethering your photo into ur pc and using mobile data?

When I mean WiFi Tether I mean using it as a mobile hotspot, it's just way too convenient

Original Poster

DudeyGeeza

tmobile are the only company to not charge you for more, they moan if you … tmobile are the only company to not charge you for more, they moan if you go over it, but will never enforce any penalty for it

Any know what 3 are like for their fair use ?

If you watch videos online - youtube - that runs it down real fast.

Lost Symphonies

Erm I use the WiFi tether when I'm at uni when I'm in lessons and when … Erm I use the WiFi tether when I'm at uni when I'm in lessons and when I'm online playing xbox (which I admit, I do way too much), watching youtube vids and the like. I'm using it now actually ;)Im not sure if it is restricted, here is what I get:

Did you do this speedtest on your phone? OH has a HTC Desire and couldn't use the speednet websight

Theres an app for speedtest on ipod touch/iphone

james_lfc

Erm, facebook and my emails is pretty much it - I dont tether or anything … Erm, facebook and my emails is pretty much it - I dont tether or anything granted I do use grooveshark... but surely that can't be all that ?

Streaming music? 256Kbit mp3 works out at 32KB/s and probably around 35KB/s after overheads, so 2MB/minute, 120MB/hour, and about 3.8GB assuming an hour a day for a month. So that's where your 3GB is going.

Original Poster

dxx

Streaming music? 256Kbit mp3 works out at 32KB/s and probably around … Streaming music? 256Kbit mp3 works out at 32KB/s and probably around 35KB/s after overheads, so 2MB/minute, 120MB/hour, and about 3.8GB assuming an hour a day for a month. So that's where your 3GB is going.

Thanks for taking time to do the maths mate - that's probably my problem then :L ... I have now loaded some albums onto the actual phone so I'll see how I get on tomorrow
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Feels weird!613
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17886409
      3. Tower Hill Station - Explosion reported.. (Phone charger??)77
      4. GIVEAWAY - Clear out of duplicate CD Keys from Humble Bundle I have yet to …56

See more discussions