T-Mobile IPHONE Micro Sim - Cost?

Found 5th Apr 2011
Hi All,

Im hoping to pick up an Iphone 4 for the wife over the next day or so. I rang T-Mobile to request the micro sim and they said that it costs £10.

Is that correct or is it a case of getting the wrong advisor.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

28 Comments

If you have a full size sim card already you can cut it down yourself as i did to use on my iphone. Although i did have a spare micro sim (different network to the one i needed) to cut around so it was easier.
But you can download a template(printable) online to cut around

Edited by: "simplex" 5th Apr 2011

no no no, im on payg wid a 3 (three) sim and i had to cut it up mysel as they said they didnt do them yet as there trying to keep people bein tied into contacts, i did have a iphone 4 sim to work from but you can just cut them to size. There is a guide what you can print off were you put ya sim on and cut round that but like i said just cut a normal 1 down job done

HA!

diesel_508

no no no, im on payg wid a 3 (three) sim and i had to cut it up mysel as … no no no, im on payg wid a 3 (three) sim and i had to cut it up mysel as they said they didnt do them yet as there trying to keep people bein tied into contacts, i did have a iphone 4 sim to work from but you can just cut them to size. There is a guide what you can print off were you put ya sim on and cut round that but like i said just cut a normal 1 down job done

Beat ya to it, just

Original Poster

Thats great, thank you!

They get enough money out of me so why should I give anymore lol!!!

Thanks again

Just make sure you back up your sim first, in case a cut goes wrong. . .

steve1221

Plan!
and het a few spare ones and try it on them first and once you got it right you got yaself a nice lil template.

Original Poster

steve1221

How do I do that? Im a bit of a novice when it comes to that sort of thing!!!

TJ26

How do I do that? Im a bit of a novice when it comes to that sort of … How do I do that? Im a bit of a novice when it comes to that sort of thing!!!

Well its mainly contacts aint it, so if you got no pc suit for ya old phone write um down.

Original Poster

diesel_508

Well its mainly contacts aint it, so if you got no pc suit for ya old … Well its mainly contacts aint it, so if you got no pc suit for ya old phone write um down.

Thats simple enough I suppose lol. The wife has only got about 15 numbers stored anyway.

Thanks

Tmobile do charge £10 for a microsim. But you can always buy a microsim cutter from amazon for £5 as I did. If your in the Birmingham area I'd be happy for you to use mine

I'm in Fareham and have a cutter, happy to do it if you are near me

Same as mosskeeto. I have a cutter too. In Nottingham. Will gladly cut it if nearby / want to post it.

I got one for free from tmobile cos I told them I refused to pay for it. Told them flat out I wouldnt do it, and they sent me it anyway. Then it turned out I didn't need it after all but they had disabled the older sim, so they sent me out a replacement for that at no cost either cos again I told them I refused to pay it because £10 for a sim you are already paying for is a rip off.............

Skyebee

I got one for free from tmobile cos I told them I refused to pay for it. … I got one for free from tmobile cos I told them I refused to pay for it. Told them flat out I wouldnt do it, and they sent me it anyway. Then it turned out I didn't need it after all but they had disabled the older sim, so they sent me out a replacement for that at no cost either cos again I told them I refused to pay it because £10 for a sim you are already paying for is a rip off.............

thats exactly what i would do... tell t mobile give me a micro sim or i will go to orange or the likes to issue free micro sims. they got some nerve asking you to pay for a sim when then want your custom. shameless!

Original Poster

Thanks for all the offers but im in Surrey so not near any of you!

I will give t-mobile another call!!

Thanks again

I did the same as skyebee, they added a £10 credit to my account then i went to store and pick it up everything was exchanged over within a few hours

I'm so annoyed at T-Mobile and my hubby!

He did the cutting of standard sim for my iphone, but didn't do a good job of it i guess, it is stuck in and iphone says "No sim card"

He tried to take it out with tweezers, no luck, even local phone shop guys couldn't. We're taking it to apple store in Manchester tomorrow.

Does anyone know if apple will help, cos its kinda his fault?

TJ26

Thanks for all the offers but im in Surrey so not near any of you!I will … Thanks for all the offers but im in Surrey so not near any of you!I will give t-mobile another call!!Thanks again

From my experience i suggest you talk them to supply it for free or worst case pay the £10 for it. My husband didn't do either and we'll be having a family day out in Trafford center tomorrow which will cost more than £10 X)

dunno how you can get it stuck mate?

i just kept trimming mine down until it fitted nicely into the sim holder.

I was going to offer to do it for you if you sent it to me and I'd send it back, but others have offered already. Or if you are near Andover you can pop round and I'll do it for you, I have a Noosy cutter and it's fantastic, fool-proof!

Charlie Scene

dunno how you can get it stuck mate?i just kept trimming mine down until … dunno how you can get it stuck mate?i just kept trimming mine down until it fitted nicely into the sim holder.

needs skills, can get hubby to do it your phone...if you want.

Edited by: "Marina" 6th Apr 2011

Marina

needs skills, can get hubby to do it your phone...if you want.

yes please as i don't have that skill set, if i can send you the phone rmsd at my cost and pay your hubby tree fiddy dolla for his time then i would appreciate it thanks

Original Poster

Just an update.

I rang T-Mobile yesterday and spoke to another advisor who said that she would send for free or credit my account with £10 and I can go pick one up from a shop!!!

I didnt even have to push to get that!!!

Thanks for your help guys and girls.

yousuf

Tmobile do charge £10 for a microsim. But you can always buy a microsim … Tmobile do charge £10 for a microsim. But you can always buy a microsim cutter from amazon for £5 as I did. If your in the Birmingham area I'd be happy for you to use mine

Hi Yousuf, I was quoted £15 by Talkmobile for a micro sim so is the offer of loaning the template still open? I'm in Balsall Heath
Mick

mickobrien

Hi Yousuf, I was quoted £15 by Talkmobile for a micro sim so is the offer … Hi Yousuf, I was quoted £15 by Talkmobile for a micro sim so is the offer of loaning the template still open? I'm in Balsall HeathMick

Who you talking to Mick? This thread is old plus Yousuf hasn't been on this site for over 1 year 5 months

does anyone know where you can get a nano sim card cutter and micro? I need one now for my t mobile contract. Or if anyone is nottingham area with one?
Post a comment
@
    Text