Groups

T-Mobile or O2 Fault ?

I am on T-mobile and my father is on O2,
    For some strange reason he can send me text and pictures but I am unable to send him anything.
    I am able to send text ect.. to other O2 phones and networks. Could the problem be with my phone or his? I have checked the obvious that I am send to the correct number.
    Any help would be grateful

9 Comments

Has either of you ported to your networks in the last day or so?

Original Poster

About two weeks ago my father received a new phone & sim card due to his old one being damaged, he kept his same number. Would this make a difference?

Not unless he actually ported which in this looks as if just new device and sim on current contract.

When you are sending texts to him are you sending as a fresh message or replying to his message?
    Do you get an error message when sending?

Original Poster

He is not receiving from when i start from fresh or reply, I am not getting any error messages. :-(

How strange.
    I had this exact same problem with me and my mum.
    I was on O2 and she was Tmobile lol.
    It all fixed when she bought a new phone.
    Sorry cant be more helpful. Tmobile were blaming O2 and O2 were blaming tmobile!

Original Poster

magough;5868730

How strange.I had this exact same problem with me and my mum.I was on O2 … How strange.I had this exact same problem with me and my mum.I was on O2 and she was Tmobile lol.It all fixed when she bought a new phone.Sorry cant be more helpful. Tmobile were blaming O2 and O2 were blaming tmobile!

Looks like i could have some fun sorting this out :whistling:

Banned

can he recieve from other people?

its deffos his phone by the sounds of it.

maybe his settings are a little screwed up? get him to factory reset the phone or get o2 to send him the message settings.

Try sending a text/mms from each phone back to its self (ie send the message to yourself) and see it make the round trip.

If either don't get their own massage back you have something to work with.

The network support teams can track a message through the system, you need to get CS to raise an action with one of the networks and they can see where the messages are vanishing...

i had the same problem my son was on orange i am on o2 took it into the o2 shop lady asked to look at my phone she said the problem was my phone
    my phone samsung can block numbers from sending me messages once she had unblocked my son number on phone was able to receive messages
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains109
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick1010
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2121

See more discussions