Expired

T-Mobile replacement sim cost...£10.60. Orange replacement sim cost - FREE. Yet another reason why I don't like EE!!

Found 12th Nov 2014
So my T-Mobile sim card has been causing me problems for a few days. I therefore decided to arrange for a replacement sim.
According to this form - explore.ee.co.uk/ord…SIM - a new sim on EE or T-Mobile will cost me £10.60. If I were on Orange though, it'd be free....

Am I missing something here? Or is this disjointed behemoth of a company still treating half their customers differently to the other half?
Community Updates
9 Comments
If I am understanding you correctly and your sim is not working properly and you need a new one why not order a free one online when it arrives ask to transfer everything over to that on the phone?
Original Poster
MrMan2011

If I am understanding you correctly and your sim is not working properly … If I am understanding you correctly and your sim is not working properly and you need a new one why not order a free one online when it arrives ask to transfer everything over to that on the phone?

If you look at the replacement sim order form, they levy a £10.60 charge for T-Mobile customers to order a new sim card...
So even if I managed to get a hold of a replacement sim for free, they would (I assume) still levy the charge on me for the 'service' of switching my sim card over.
Original Poster
Turns out that my contract is up in 10 days anyway. So I just told T-Mobile that I am not prepared to pay a fee when such a service is free on other networks, so can I have a PUK code so I can leave the network.
End result: free sim card is being sent out in the post.

I'm definitely on the look out for a new contract to switch to though. EEOrange/T-Mobile is such a lumbering & unhelpful company. They don't even have online chat support (unlike O2), & they don't offer free handset unlocking like O2.

Lesson learned!
Edited by: "wenttoabetterplace" 12th Nov 2014

or free voicemail
I was also recently stung a tenner for a new sim, unfortunately, i am locked into a two year contract which has 18 months remaining
At least you found out before having a new card ordered.
I rang them up last month to have a micro sim sent out as I have a nano. I thought it'd be easier than using an adapter. I eventually found my old adapter though and coincidentally worked fine so wished I'd not bothered EE but, thought nothing of it.
Checked my bank today (because I dont get any emails/bills/texts to say a bill has been generated) to find £10.21 more had come out than expected. Spend ages trying to work out how to log in now it's changed to email address from username to find it's a replacement sim charge and not once was I told this on the phone :|.
Fortunately I'd just got paid so it was covered, but sometimes I only leave enough in for the direct debits then I would have been fernucked.
Original Poster
bex85

At least you found out before having a new card ordered.I rang them up … At least you found out before having a new card ordered.I rang them up last month to have a micro sim sent out as I have a nano. I thought it'd be easier than using an adapter. I eventually found my old adapter though and coincidentally worked fine so wished I'd not bothered EE but, thought nothing of it.Checked my bank today (because I dont get any emails/bills/texts to say a bill has been generated) to find £10.21 more had come out than expected. Spend ages trying to work out how to log in now it's changed to email address from username to find it's a replacement sim charge and not once was I told this on the phone :|.Fortunately I'd just got paid so it was covered, but sometimes I only leave enough in for the direct debits then I would have been fernucked.

I hope the MoneySavingExpert guy gets on the case. He tackled the banks and their extortionate approach to overdraft fees (and he won....to the benefit of us all).
EE shouldn't be able to charge such disproportionate fees for what could be argued to be a core service.
EE mast went down and lost signal for about 1/2 mile radius around my home for a week. Phoned them up and they offered a signal booster which never came and didn't I couldn't use my phone. But ofcourse tried to push me to upgrade to 4G and a larger data bundle.
Eventually posted the signal booster only to be sent to a different address but I was getting the DPD confirmation. They then had the cheek to tell me to phone DPD and sort it out when it was their fault! Still ongoing & the mast for the past 2 months has gone down 3 times and really sick of phoning them up.
Unfortunately have another year left & cannot wait to cancel my contract.Complete clowns
I got charged when I requested a replacement sim from Orange 3yrs back. I lost the mobile which had the sim in.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants