Groups

T-mobile upgrade advice needed!!!!!

I currently have a contract with T-mobile which I have managed to successfully keep for the past 4years (the past 2 upgrades as its an 18mth contract).

Its the old Flext 35 tariff (£180 allowance = 900mins or 1800texts) with unlimited calls evening and weekends... I pay £35 per month and the unlimited calls are 10,000 to any network after 7pm and all weekend (although I am currently only using about 800 of the free mins!). I've bought a sim free iPhone which I am currently using so have now added the web and walk bundle which brings the total to £42.50 per month.

The thing is, I've been having problems trying to upgrade now as they're advising me that I will have no choice but to change tariff, losing my free calls - which really wouldn't make sense as without the free calls, I can most definately get a better deal elsewhere! On the other hand, I am starting to think that paying over £40 per mth on a mobile phone bill is rather expensive???

Are there any negative points I need to consider if I refuse to upgrade and leave it as a 30day rolling (as will be out of contract), or do I just give them what they want and change tariffs???

6 Comments

Go elsewhere and get a decent deal :thumbsup:

£42.50 is pretty steep,how about a 12 month sim only simplicty contract on o2 - £19.58 per month for 800 anytime/any network mins plus 1600 texts plus free mobile browsing,

Take it when they are doing the quidco/topcashback offer and get £100 cashback as well

Yeah, go elsewhere.. I'm with T-mobile, same ****** boat. I'm going to get a decent deal on o2 next.

that is a rubbish deal just threaten to leave because of the rubbish deal and see what there rentions department say.

Original Poster

grabbit;7305475

£42.50 is pretty steep,how about a 12 month sim only simplicty contract … £42.50 is pretty steep,how about a 12 month sim only simplicty contract on o2 - £19.58 per month for 800 anytime/any network mins plus 1600 texts plus free mobile browsing,Take it when they are doing the quidco/topcashback offer and get £100 cashback as well

Thanx a bunch... This looks like a pretty good deal. Will look into it as the main thing I DON'T want to do is lose my number :-(.

'Sim only' probably is the way forward for me... It's not like I really need a phone, and when I do I just buy them sim free!

Pr3cious18;7305574

Thanx a bunch... This looks like a pretty good deal. Will look into it as … Thanx a bunch... This looks like a pretty good deal. Will look into it as the main thing I DON'T want to do is lose my number :-(.'Sim only' probably is the way forward for me... It's not like I really need a phone, and when I do I just buy them sim free!

You can easily port your number over to the new sim on o2,but if possible wait until the £100 cashback offer is active

Or there is a similar deal on vodafone,900 mins,unlimited texts,500mb wap for same price and the £100 cashback offer is active for that at the mo

Or for £25 per month 1200mins plus free landlines calls,unlimited texts,unlimited wap and £120 cashback
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73844463
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767200
      3. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers79
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047094

See more discussions