Tablet

Found 25th Jul
Hello there!

I'm looking for a new tablet to replace my 2013 Nexus, which still works but is now extremely laggy and becoming too unresponsive.

Does anyone have any sub £200 recommendations? I'm looking for android, and I'll only really be using it for browsing, a bit of gaming and YouTube vids. Would like something fairly quick and responsive.

Thanks!
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
got a Lenovo yoga tab 3 10inch
3gb version. all very smooth. I paid 240 for it last year, most likely under 200 now.
Fire Tablet (HD 10" for that price). Sideload Play Store on it, it uses AOSP Android
Edited by: "jamie015" 25th Jul
As a budget option, the Kindle Fire HD8 is excellent value.

Don't be put off by the fact it doesn't have the Google Play store. This only takes 5 minutes to install.
I'm on my third fire. Bits of it annoy me but it's very easy to use. I've never got round to installing Google play but I believe it is easy enough. I read the instructions and even I understood them.
psychobitchfromhell5 m ago

I'm on my third fire. Bits of it annoy me but it's very easy to use. I've …I'm on my third fire. Bits of it annoy me but it's very easy to use. I've never got round to installing Google play but I believe it is easy enough. I read the instructions and even I understood them.

I agree, it's really simple! All you have to do is download a bunch of files (around 10) in the right order and it's done

You should give it a go, means you can get Chrome (or any other browser) instead of the dreadful Silk one.
jamie0152 m ago

I agree, it's really simple! All you have to do is download a bunch of …I agree, it's really simple! All you have to do is download a bunch of files (around 10) in the right order and it's done You should give it a go, means you can get Chrome (or any other browser) instead of the dreadful Silk one.

Silk is one of the things that annoys me. Mainly because I don't like the name or the logo.
You could just factory reset your tablet. Web browsing should be easy for tablets.
I have the same problem - as Monkeysuncle says have you tried a factory reset first?
If a factory reset doesn’t help you. Install a custom rom like Lineage OS I’ve got it on my 2012 Nexus 7 and it’s made a massive difference. If you are interested have a look on X.D.A Developers website about how to install it.
Edited by: "Sprograt" 26th Jul
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions