Tablet for kids

Posted 16th Jan
looking to buy two tablets for my kids aged 7 and 5. they use it for YouTube and playing games. we have had a kindle fire (previous generation) for 3 years which did a job but was sluggish at times. looking for a decent replacement but cheap enough to justify for kids.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
iPad mini, regardless of price iPad are good value for what you get....
discozohan16/01/2020 21:44

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/3410824

Is this better than the Kindle Fire 8?
Can’t really comment as never had a kindle fire. The Lenovo is ok for the money as it has 2gb ram so will run the majority of apps ok, some may be slow, if you want smooth for everything you’ll need at least 3gb ram but will push the price up for a kids tablet
discozohan16/01/2020 21:56

Can’t really comment as never had a kindle fire. The Lenovo is ok for the m …Can’t really comment as never had a kindle fire. The Lenovo is ok for the money as it has 2gb ram so will run the majority of apps ok, some may be slow, if you want smooth for everything you’ll need at least 3gb ram but will push the price up for a kids tablet

Agree re Lenovo. Does everything you need.
Bargainhead16/01/2020 21:46

iPad mini, regardless of price iPad are good value for what you get....

Work in IT and am a hater of apple products but I can't deny IPAD are the best tablet out there, samsung has a nice one but that is like £400 and you know that will be terrible in 2 years time, whereas a refurb IPAD at £200 will be a champ for some years to go.

Easy for kids to use aswell, Fire tablets are poor IMO
Edited by: "Gumbon" 16th Jan
If your budget allows is deffo go for the iPad. X
discozohan16/01/2020 21:44

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/3410824

I'll second this one, got 2 for Xmas for my kids and I'm very impressed, I got them in the black Friday sale for £80.
I bought this last April
amazon.co.uk/gp/…c=1
Often gets discounted to around £80+ but worth the £100+ it normally sells for.
The Amazon customer reviews tell you most you will need to know - in your case you gonna find they will need recharging daily.oh and get the kids used to wearing headphones - the speaker is not great but with headphones/bluray speaker its fine.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants