Tablet for taxi driver advice please.

Hi guys my dads after a tablet for taxis he will need it by January.
Retirements.
7-9 inch screen
Android
Gps
Sim enabled I think that's all.

Has anyone bought and tried any for taxis?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

7 Comments

Why a tablet? Just wondered as I'm not in the taxi business. Phone would be better although the xiaomi mi max takes 14 days to get here. I'm sure the 6.5inch screen with dual sim and big battery would do the job. Other big phones available.

Original Poster

wayners

Why a tablet? Just wondered as I'm not in the taxi business. Phone would … Why a tablet? Just wondered as I'm not in the taxi business. Phone would be better although the xiaomi mi max takes 14 days to get here. I'm sure the 6.5inch screen with dual sim and big battery would do the job. Other big phones available.

​I naturally (perhaps stupidly) assumed there would be more choice in the tablet market

Ah. Just though for mounting on dash vents or windscreen a phone would be better . Plenty of mounts about that will hold it nicely. Sounds like you want something big and there are a number of phones about now with 6+ inch screens at sensible money.

My brother is a black cab driver. He uses a Lenovo 8'' tablet that is wi-fi tethered by his phone (unlimited data).

Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 16th Dec 2016

Original Poster

Cheers for the help guys

You don't need a tablet with 3-4G enabled, use your phone as an internet source.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 16th Dec 2016

Banned

is this for PDA? a mobile is sufficient because they use a SIM card and a tablet will be too big for windscreen.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. No Vega deals around - pre-order for Vega 56?35
    2. USC voucher code pls?23
    3. I think I'm being scammed on Paypal?811
    4. Nintendo Switch Game Cases34

See more discussions