Groups

Tablet for three year old

Hi always helpful group. I am looking at getting a tablet for my three year olds birthday in the coming weeks. I am. Thinking about the kindle fire tablet for children but is there anything better out there for around the £100 mark

Cheers as always

32 Comments

get the standard kindle fire 7" and get the kids case we got 3 for our 2,4 and 5 years and they have loved it really easy to block contact and give them limited time and access to apps etc..

Tablets are to big for small hands. To a child a tablet is like a tea tray. An old/new smart phone is far better and may survive longer.

My toddler has the cheapest Fire. Bought a tempered glass protector for £3, a leather-style case for £2. It's fairly well protected in respect of drops. It's a good size for her (18m) although it's purely for watching stuff at present.

Original Poster

Cheers all ,@darcey what's the difference beetween kindle fire n kids one ?at the mo she knows how to use my iPad n iPhone oh too well unfortunately

steveo73

Cheers all ,@darcey what's the difference beetween kindle fire n kids one … Cheers all ,@darcey what's the difference beetween kindle fire n kids one ?at the mo she knows how to use my iPad n iPhone oh too well unfortunately

personally its just the case, both have kids mode it may have a slightly tougher screen but we got three at £30 each for the cost of one kids special :-) 2 year old has dropped a couple of times no damage not too worried if i have to replace every year at 30 quid if you search on amazon you will see the tough kids cases

6" Fire HD 4th gen when available would be great, bit smaller & cheap I paid £23 in November so keep eyes peeled

Rich44

6" Fire HD 4th gen when available would be great, bit smaller & cheap I … 6" Fire HD 4th gen when available would be great, bit smaller & cheap I paid £23 in November so keep eyes peeled

I got one for £23 too but the price has shot right up,

tramadol works for me..

Original Poster

Cheers again so the standard 7" one not hd etc apart from Argos where else sells it ??

darcyeleanoruk

personally its just the case, both have kids mode it may have a slightly … personally its just the case, both have kids mode it may have a slightly tougher screen but we got three at £30 each for the cost of one kids special :-) 2 year old has dropped a couple of times no damage not too worried if i have to replace every year at 30 quid if you search on amazon you will see the tough kids cases

Having the kids one I agree the kids one just has a foam cover and possibly stronger screen not greatly worth it

iPad Air 2 128g should be OK as a cheap babysitter.

Original Poster

@plod sorry ????

Original Poster

Many thanks as always guys gonna get the kindle fire n cases
    Happy new year to you all

Original Poster

plodging

iPad Air 2 128g should be OK as a cheap babysitter.

Sorry ??

None,

Toys or books to develop their imaganations, preferably outdoor play.

Why encourage them to sit in front of a screen so early, when they inevitably will anyway?

I have had a few different ones as my son be on them since 9/12months and a lot the kids ones haven't been that good. So honestly iPad has been the best as nearly all app style toys are done for it. We go few different cases and this yr we have even got him a new one on contract (mainly as we been away a lot so he has Internet) and he just 4 but will last him longer

Original Poster

djaydearz

None,Toys or books to develop their imaganations, preferably outdoor … None,Toys or books to develop their imaganations, preferably outdoor play.Why encourage them to sit in front of a screen so early, when they inevitably will anyway?

Yeah she gets that as I take her out every other day,she goes nursery as well but also likes to play development apps n also nursery rhymes in you tube etc
    PERHAPS YOU SHOULD WIND YOUR NECK IN

Original Poster

darcyeleanoruk

personally its just the case, both have kids mode it may have a slightly … personally its just the case, both have kids mode it may have a slightly tougher screen but we got three at £30 each for the cost of one kids special :-) 2 year old has dropped a couple of times no damage not too worried if i have to replace every year at 30 quid if you search on amazon you will see the tough kids cases

Cheers I'll look
    Around 4 cases

Thank u

I have a fire kids for my 3 year old. he is autistic so he tends to launch it fairly often. the tempered glass is a must. the big chunky cases are God send.
    in terms of difference between kids and normal one, the kids one has an adult profile which it goes to first after switching on. then you have to go to the child profile. one bad thing about it is you aren't able to share videos photos between the two profiles. bit gutted as I wanted to put family stuff on it for him. you can allow child access to apps, videos e -books etc that are through your Amazon account.

Original Poster

aamplj

I have a fire kids for my 3 year old. he is autistic so he tends to … I have a fire kids for my 3 year old. he is autistic so he tends to launch it fairly often. the tempered glass is a must. the big chunky cases are God send.in terms of difference between kids and normal one, the kids one has an adult profile which it goes to first after switching on. then you have to go to the child profile. one bad thing about it is you aren't able to share videos photos between the two profiles. bit gutted as I wanted to put family stuff on it for him. you can allow child access to apps, videos e -books etc that are through your Amazon account.

Thank you

[/quote]
    Yeah she gets that as I take her out every other day,she goes nursery as well but also likes to play development apps n also nursery rhymes in you tube etc
    PERHAPS YOU SHOULD WIND YOUR NECK IN[/quote]

djaydearz

None,Toys or books to develop their imaganations, preferably outdoor … None,Toys or books to develop their imaganations, preferably outdoor play.Why encourage them to sit in front of a screen so early, when they inevitably will anyway?

steveo73

[quote=djaydearz] None,Toys or books to develop their imaganations, … [quote=djaydearz] None,Toys or books to develop their imaganations, preferably outdoor play.Why encourage them to sit in front of a screen so early, when they inevitably will anyway?

Every other day! My she's lucky..

Original Poster

PERHAPS YOU SHOULD WIND YOUR NECK IN[/quote]

djaydearz

djaydearz

djaydearz

Correct as other days are spent doing cooking and inside activities

Prat!!!!

I'll be another one to say the Amazon fire tablet 7"
    Its really good for the money, and you can easily set up Google Play store for all other apps with a quick google.

They are £49.99 now - I got 2 for £30 each on Black Friday, and last week they were £35. So may be worth holding out a bit longer in case any price drops for New Year deals?

Also this case is very similar to Amazon's children case for half the cost:
    amazon.co.uk/TEC…ase

Even cheaper on eBay with free shipping or click and collect at Argos:
    ebay.co.uk/itm…786?var=&hash=item567e540ffa:m:mNokE1nyBBr8yDp_xL-RPYw

Original Poster

Can you get you tube on it ???

steveo73

Yeah she gets that as I take her out every other day,she goes nursery as … Yeah she gets that as I take her out every other day,she goes nursery as well but also likes to play development apps n also nursery rhymes in you tube etc PERHAPS YOU SHOULD WIND YOUR NECK IN

steveo73

Yeah she gets that as I take her out every other day,she goes nursery as … Yeah she gets that as I take her out every other day,she goes nursery as well but also likes to play development apps n also nursery rhymes in you tube etc PERHAPS YOEvery other day! My she's lucky..

Correct as other days are spent doing cooking and inside activities
    Prat!!!![/quote]

Or spent sticking your kid in front of a screen.

Moron. Wind your neck in, etc etc

steveo73

Can you get you tube on it ???

Yep, just download the app from Amazon App store. (or Google Play if you decide to install this)

Alternatively you can always view through browser.

Original Poster

djaydearz

Correct as other days are spent doing cooking and inside activities … Correct as other days are spent doing cooking and inside activities Prat!!!!

Or spent sticking your kid in front of a screen.

Moron. Wind your neck in, etc etc[/quote]

I guess your mum never taught you the virtue of if you got nothing positive to say, don't say anything at all

Original Poster

Kikesin

Yep, just download the app from Amazon App store. (or Google Play if you … Yep, just download the app from Amazon App store. (or Google Play if you decide to install this)Alternatively you can always view through browser.

Many thanks for your help

steveo73

No worries!
    and just ignore the negative people on here..

Original Poster

steveo73

I do
    Thank u

thank you this thread has helped me too

Original Poster

People on here are always so helpful
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions