Expired

Tablet that works with the Furby boom app?

Found 23rd Mar 2014
Hiya. this is is my first time asking a question so I hope I have posted it in the right section. apologies if not!

I am looking for a cheap tablet to use with the furby boom app. I don't want to spend a lot really as it's for a 4 year old girl to use just with furby boom really. so I don't want to be buying anything expensive.

Does anyone know of a cheap tablet that works with this app?

Thanks.
Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.
Community Updates
AskFurbyTabletApp
6 Comments
Original Poster
hmm I don't seem to have posted my question right! sorry lol.

I was asking if anyone knows of a cheap tablet that will work with the furby boom app. I don't want to spend a lot as it's for a 4 year old. thanks
Yup, you've posted q in the right place

Just a few things before I can recommend any tablets, what's your budget, screen size of tablet, brand or non-brand, android/apple, any other priorities for you or 4 yr old?

With android usually most apps will be compatible with most devices, but sometimes they may not be, that's the risk to take when buy any android tablet with 1-2 apps in mind. With Apple, it's made obvious which version of iOS it works with, and whether it's iPhone or iPad compatible.

Good news though, for Android, the Furby Boom app is compatible with all my listed devices (4 in total), 2 being china devices so there's a very good chance it will work with any others.

(p.s. so I can get a notification, reply to my answer - there's a slight bug in the hukd website for questions)
be careful with this one, the boom app works with my HTC One X phone, Nexus 7 tablet, Samsung Tab3 but will not work at all with my pair of Asus Transformer tablets that are running a slightly older version of android

the app installs fine and looks like it is working, but freezes with an annoying whine

the app is absolutely brilliant though and is a must for any Furby Boom owner, it brings it to life and makes it a real worthwhile purchase
Original Poster
pman12

Yup, you've posted q in the right place :)Just a few things before I can … Yup, you've posted q in the right place :)Just a few things before I can recommend any tablets, what's your budget, screen size of tablet, brand or non-brand, android/apple, any other priorities for you or 4 yr old?With android usually most apps will be compatible with most devices, but sometimes they may not be, that's the risk to take when buy any android tablet with 1-2 apps in mind. With Apple, it's made obvious which version of iOS it works with, and whether it's iPhone or iPad compatible.Good news though, for Android, the Furby Boom app is compatible with all my listed devices (4 in total), 2 being china devices so there's a very good chance it will work with any others.(p.s. so I can get a notification, reply to my answer - there's a slight bug in the hukd website for questions)

Thank you for your reply! I want android preferably and wanting to spend as little as possible lol. I'm not fussed what it is or what it does as long as the furby boom app works on it ok. she isn't really into tablets ect but likes to play with the furby x
Original Poster
kingtreelo

be careful with this one, the boom app works with my HTC One X phone, … be careful with this one, the boom app works with my HTC One X phone, Nexus 7 tablet, Samsung Tab3 but will not work at all with my pair of Asus Transformer tablets that are running a slightly older version of androidthe app installs fine and looks like it is working, but freezes with an annoying whinethe app is absolutely brilliant though and is a must for any Furby Boom owner, it brings it to life and makes it a real worthwhile purchase

Thank you. yes it works fine on my HTC one phone but she's always pinching my phone to play furby so want her to have her own tablet for it lol x
YorkshirePudding85

Thank you for your reply! I want android preferably and wanting to spend … Thank you for your reply! I want android preferably and wanting to spend as little as possible lol. I'm not fussed what it is or what it does as long as the furby boom app works on it ok. she isn't really into tablets ect but likes to play with the furby x

No probs. Android a good choice, here's a few decent and cheap tabs:

Nexus 7 (2012) - Clearance also available - Link
PolaTab M009S - Currently only £50 @ Amazon
Tesco Hudl tab - good if you got a load of Tesco vouchers stacked up
Kobo Arc 7 - £79.99 @ Currys/Pcworld

All above should run the app perfectly fine.
P.s. don't go for something too cheap, otherwise the app will be very slow/laggy.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants