Tablet video quality

Found 25th Jun
I’m looking to get either a Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus or an Asus Zenpad 3s 10.
The tablet will be used almost exclusively for watching video (YouTube, Netflix, local library). Both tablets have pretty good reviews across the board but so does the Google Pixel C (which I owned until recently) and I found that dark scenes in videos were almost unwatchable on the Pixel C due to crushed blacks having no detail. Bright scenes looked great though.
All the reviews I have looked at deal with every aspect of the tablets except video quality.
Are there any owners of the Lenovo or Asus out there who can confirm that they do not suffer with this dark scene issue? Also, can anyone confirm that the Lenovo is capable of playing hevc videos in at least 1080p? I’m assuming it is because of the internal hardware but I can’t find a definitive answer to this question like I can with the Asus. If it can’t, I can rule it out straight away.
Apologies for the long post. Any and all help greatly appreciated.
Thanks for reading and thanks in advance.

Edit: my Google Nexus 7 2013 has great video quality and I was expecting at least the same performance from the Pixel C. I’m only upgrading because I want a larger screen and hevc playback. The Nexus can’t play hevc smoothly.
Community Updates
AskTablet
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants