Groups

Tablet vs Digital Photo Frame

Would it be better to get a budget tablet rather than splash out £60 on a digital photo frame? If so, what tablet would you recommend?

Thanks!

5 Comments

maybe a budget tv could be thrown into that equation too.

A tablet will give you better resolution on the photos. Digital frames tend to have very poor LCD performance causing pictures to look pixelated

Thank you ...the tablet is a brilliant idea. A great alternative to a digital photo-frame. As grumpy-womble said "A tablet will give you better resolution on the photos." ....and you can edit them too.

Original Poster

Thanks guys! Any recommendations for one with a decent screen & stand? The Lenovo Yoga 2 looks good but is a bit pricey.

Before choosing a tablet, figure out how to make it behave as a photo frame, not sure if it can do a slideshow - for Android, you probably want the "Daydream mode" that was introduced in 4.2 (Jellybean) - hmm, not on my 4.2 it wasn't!
    Photo Frame appears to be a standard daydream option - it's on my 4.4 and my 5.0 Phones.
    You will also need to keep a charger connected to maintain daydream mode.

groupon.co.uk/dea…let - maybe not the greatest, but the only one on there currently with 1GB RAM instead of a miserable 512MB
    Edited by: "matth9999" 7th Dec 2016
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Car park fine UKPC22
      2. Gaming Monitor22
      3. help: windows 10 wifi issue44
      4. Iphone 7 - What Case?621

See more discussions