Groups

Tagging users

Banned
    Why don't HUKD use a tagging like feature for the users,something like facebook use..

I think it would work really well when people are chatting in misc.

15 Comments

I agree, not that anyone talks to me oO

I was literally just thinking that, theres a deal up just now that 2 of my pals (who have just joined) would probably make use of, easiest option would be to tag them in the deal.

What about using the follow function? click on a users name and when viewing their profile on the left of the screen there is a follow option...

Supermod

Hi - it was something which was suggested a little while ago here. Feel free to add any other thoughts to the feedback thread if you wish.

Banned

whats tagging

[quote=USERNAME]something[/ quote]

Not sure if this would work but they should get a notification if you put their username where I've put 'USERNAME', and remove the space after the forwardslash and after quote (I did this so it didn't actually generate a quote box)

Edited by: "iCoxyyyy" 10th Dec 2014

InkLeach

I was literally just thinking that, theres a deal up just now that 2 of … I was literally just thinking that, theres a deal up just now that 2 of my pals (who have just joined) would probably make use of, easiest option would be to tag them in the deal.

Or just tell them about it?

If i wanted to be tagged in posts I'd join Facebook. Not a shopping forum.

Tagging would work well how? I'm not sure how it would make the place better.. can you expand on your comment OP?

Sebas111

I agree, not that anyone talks to me oO

Hello sebas!

13norfolk

Hello sebas!

Hello 13norfolk

Banned

dcx_badass

Oh look, another **** idea, we already have enough morons in the chat … Oh look, another **** idea, we already have enough morons in the chat threads without letting them tag spam across the whole site.

http://lianacaz.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/h9b140efb.png

The deals threads would then be spammed then with usernames instead of relevant information (unless there was a seperate area outsiode of the main thread you could tag people in).

Its also open to abuse, I know after a few drinks I'd be tagging my friends in all the deals for Love Honey.....

Original Poster Banned

dcx_badass

Oh look, another **** idea, we already have enough morons in the chat … Oh look, another **** idea, we already have enough morons in the chat threads without letting them tag spam across the whole site.

Oh look, his talking about himself....

Original Poster Banned

ChrisUK

The deals threads would then be spammed then with usernames instead of … The deals threads would then be spammed then with usernames instead of relevant information (unless there was a seperate area outsiode of the main thread you could tag people in).Its also open to abuse, I know after a few drinks I'd be tagging my friends in all the deals for Love Honey.....

Then implement a 'block' button where a user cannot tag you...
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4562137
      2. Sky Fibre Max22
      3. Jeremy Corbyn #traingate1519
      4. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…1011

See more discussions