Groups

Taking Back A PC

My dad bought a computer from PC world and it was only an intel celeron D processor. I opened the box to see how it would perform but to my expentance it was raher slow running on vista. We're trying to return it so I can pick up a PC from dell but PCworld won't take the computer back and give us a refund. Is there anything we can do or do they win

13 Comments

did you buy it in store or over the t'internet ?

If you bought it over the internet you can return it within an amount of time under the Distance Selling Regulaitons.

If you bought it in-store you are ******ed, basically.

Sorry
    Simon

I would keep powering the computer off abruptly and damage the hard drive then return the whole system as faulty. I dont think they can refuse a return if its damaged "on receiving".

Toybhoy

I would keep powering the computer off abruptly and damage the hard drive … I would keep powering the computer off abruptly and damage the hard drive then return the whole system as faulty. I dont think they can refuse a return if its damaged "on receiving".

Has to be the worst piece of advise I have heard on here.

m_momo1

My dad bought a computer from PC world and it was only an intel celeron D … My dad bought a computer from PC world and it was only an intel celeron D processor. I opened the box to see how it would perform but to my expentance it was raher slow running on vista. We're trying to return it so I can pick up a PC from dell but PCworld won't take the computer back and give us a refund. Is there anything we can do or do they win

So its basically been taken out of the box, Set up, It was to slow and its back in the box again?

They should take it back, Did you ask if it was slow to run Vista or anything you could nail as described wrong?

At the moment quite a few PC's and laptops are being pushed out with Vista basic, Which are just about up to standards to run XP smoothly!

mrtootough

Has to be the worst piece of advise I have heard on here.

Yes that is rather silly...furthermore the hard drive will be still under warranty..they have at least 3 years..so will simply replace with a new one.

Check that it meets the minimum requirements for the version of Vista installed - windowsmarketplace.com/con…d=1

That could possibly be a get-out

Unfortunately there's no reason why they should take it back. Effectively you've simply changed your mind, there's no actual fault with the PC.

Many stores do in fact allow you to change your mind (e.g. Argos) but there's no legal reason why PC World should. Furthermore if you've actually used it, then they technically can't sell it as "Brand New".

Try explaining your position, they may allow you to have a refund if they're feeling kind. You could see if they will allow you to exchange it for a more powerful model (if you pay the extra)?

vista is just slow in general, use xp.

Original Poster

Gutted... my dad left the computer with them but there not budging think I might go in and give it some lip but if they don't budge then nothing else I can do... Its an ok computer but with the specs at that price bit of a rip off specially when I come on here and see the amazing deals. Guess HUKD has made me to picky and want everything at silly prices.

Original Poster

Gutted... my dad left the computer with them but there not budging think I might go in and give it some lip but if they don't budge then nothing else I can do... Its an ok computer but with the specs at that price bit of a rip off specially when I come on here and see the amazing deals. Guess HUKD has made me to picky and want everything at silly prices.

Edit

I read this on there website:

Your product must be complete, unused and in 'as new' condition (e.g. if you have opened the box to examine the product you must have done so without damaging or marking the product in any). It should be returned with the original box, packing and accessories. Pre-recorded videotapes, DVDs, CDs, minidiscs and other software must be sealed. Any 'Free Gifts' received with the product must also be returned.

Is this a get out clause for me

Original Poster

double post

Is this a get out clause for me

No.

You will see that it is under the Delivery (Cancellations section) and only applies to the Distance Selling Regulations.

SOrry mate, but you will probably be stuck with it. Take it on the chin and learn a lesson from it.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2137
      2. word association Game73944509
      3. What would be HELL to you?2530
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767337

See more discussions