Taking duty free purchased liquids through security at London Stansted Airport

Found 14th May
Hi.
I have tried to contact both Stansted Airport cs and ryanair (first attempt was unsuccessful as I couldn't get through any help agent and ryanair live chat are monkeys who have no clue what they are being asked for just sending yemplate responses).
So my question is...
I am flying from Piland to Edinburgh via London stansted (LUZ-STD and the STD-EDI). since both flights are ryanair they are not a part of 1 trip but rather 2 separate journeys- i.e. i need to pick my bags and go through all security process again (at least I assume so).

I would like to purchase a couple bottles of vodka (no doubt polish one is the best) in the duty free shop in LUZ. Of course it would be sealed. My concern is that if I do that and attempt to go through security in STD, they will tell me to get rid of the liquids, despite them being from duty free shop from previous airport, which obviosuly I want to avoid. Any ideas how that works? Would I be able to take the bottles through second stage of security if they are sealed and from duty free in the first shop.
I have already done that is STD when coming back from South Africa and it was fine- but that was part of 1 trip and therefore an airport transfer- in this case I think I will have to collect my luggage and re-check in (previosuly my bag went from initial to final destination without me having to worry).
Appreciate all the help.
Thanks!
Community Updates
AskHolidays & Leisure
10 Comments
Recheck in and lose your bottles of liquid...simple.
Stump up and pay for bag to go underneath, then u can put ur liquids in that
If your bottles will be sealed in special bag at the moment of purchase, you can take them via security by next 24hrs.
Found this on the Stansted Airport website-

Connections and Transfers
I am transferring through your airport. Can I carry liquid items in my hand luggage if they were purchased in the duty free store at my previous airport?

If your journey involves transferring or transiting through Stansted Airport, you may be permitted to carry liquids, aerosols or gels – including duty free – through security in either of the following cases:

The items have been bought in the passenger-only zone at an airport in the European Union*, Norway, Iceland or Switzerland, or on board an aircraft operated by an EU carrier or one from Norway, Iceland or Switzerland. The items must be packaged in a sealed tamper-proof bag provided by the airport/airline, inside of which is proof of purchase showing that the items were bought on the day of travel.

OR
The items have been bought in the passenger-only zone at one of the following airports: all international airports in Canada and the USA; Dubrovnik, Pula, Rijeka, Split, Zadar and Zagreb in Croatia; Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia; or Changi in Singapore. The items must be packaged in a sealed tamper-proof bag provided by the airport, inside of which is proof of purchase showing that the items were bought within the last 36 hours.

*The EU member states are: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom.
Unfortunately Stansted does not have a connecting flights facility, so yes, you do go through arrivals gate and have to pick up your bags and then go out onto the main concourse and then go through security at departures all over again. As long at your duty free is in a sealed bag (as above) then I can’t foresee a problem.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 14th May
Toptrumpet, couldnt find this online. Many thanks for that, much appreciated!!! you're the best (well, second best after me haha). Have a great day!

Can you provide a link to that please just as reference? Many thanks
Edited by: "Elbandito" 14th May
Elbandito1 h, 5 m ago

Can you provide a link to that please just as reference?

Stansted Airport FAQ

It’s quite a long way down the list, after ‘shopping after Security’ with picture of bottles of perfumes.
Happy Flighting!
33796642-3f8wm.jpg
If you do have bags it’s probably best to put them in your bags when you pick them up:
Elbandito15 h, 50 m ago

Toptrumpet, couldnt find this online. Many thanks for that, much …Toptrumpet, couldnt find this online. Many thanks for that, much appreciated!!! you're the best (well, second best after me haha). Have a great day!Can you provide a link to that please just as reference? Many thanks

God luck getting one of these sealed tamper proof bags
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants