Groups

Taking Lessons - 1st Car reccomendations

As title says looking for something under 3k and fairly cheap insurance

Many thanks

17 Comments

smart car lol

Would recommend the Vauxhall Corsa

My first car was a fiesta, pretty basic. Then I got a clio, which is pretty good, on my 2nd one now, never had any problems with them...

Ford fiesta!
    or whatever car you are taking your lessons in.

Original Poster

civms47;6010338

My first car was a fiesta, pretty basic. Then I got a clio, which is … My first car was a fiesta, pretty basic. Then I got a clio, which is pretty good, on my 2nd one now, never had any problems with them...

My mum has a Clio and is getting me on the insurance to practice with her as well as taking my lessons so I will see what it is like!

Ford Fiesta

Clio = Renault

Renault = French

French = Problems

Got a clio, no problems, you can say that about any car, depends on the drivers and previous owners.

corsa, take it you dont know what the engine problems they have then.

niggit;6010450

Got a clio, no problems, you can say that about any car, depends on the … Got a clio, no problems, you can say that about any car, depends on the drivers and previous owners.

Well yes, However some makes are generally more reliable than others.

i,e VW's build quality is generally better than Renault's, Japeneese cars are said to be generally reliable.

I speak with experiance with Renaults, Build quality is pant's, Reliability is questionable, gear box's don't live up to much.

Yes, If you get a good well kept one and you like it, Get one.

I suggested a Fiesta because

1.Their cheap
    2.Fairly reliable
    3.Cheap parts
    4.Cheap to insure
    5.Economical
    6.Easy to drive
    7.Better than a Clio

garbage456;6010572

% is chance of breakdown Ford Focus £199.38 … % is chance of breakdown Ford Focus £199.38 17.86% Vauxhall Corsa Mk1 £158.72 17.09% Peugeot 206 £205.35 26.52% Renault Clio £211.31 23.77% Ford Fiesta £182.52 22.92% Ford Mondeo £210.76 8.11% Vauxhall Vectra £315.28 22.77% Vauxhall Astra £225.70 20.78% Renault Megane £246.03 33.18% Ford Ka £143.50 16.72%worst car Renault Megane £246.03 33.18%2nd worst car Renault Clio £211.31 23.77%

Wow, Mondeo is impressive, Maybe a Ford KA might be a good choice, Although a bit girly.

Hi,
    Everybody is different! There are diferent reasons for having any given car. Probably the most major one for someone who has just passed their driving test is :- INSURANCE.. The next most major obstacle is the purchase cost of the car.
    So,
    First things first;;Go for a car with a small engine size as these are generally cheaper to insure. (Smart Car's prior to 2008 have turbo's - immediately puts the insurance cost up!!).
    Once you have found a car that is cheap to insure, then you can look at purchasing that sort of car. This is where you take into account things like, relability of the model. Fuel consuption, cost of spares, road tax bracket etc. IF you can afford those things on an ongoing basis then, you start looking for hte best deal you can get for that particular make and model.

Regards,

John

niggit;6010524

corsa, take it you dont know what the engine problems they have then.

What - every single one! Get your facts right first!
    Much more reliable than a Ford!

HesFamily4;6010310

Would recommend the Vauxhall Corsa

i would stay as far away from these as possible, ive got one as my first car, and its terrible :x

TomWilkoLFC;6011086

i would stay as far away from these as possible, ive got one as my first … i would stay as far away from these as possible, ive got one as my first car, and its terrible :x

It can't be that bad if you've still got it!

OP - read more professional reviews from proper websites and form your own opinion

garbage456;6011302

always comes out 2nd in the polls behind a toyota yaris, so your comments … always comes out 2nd in the polls behind a toyota yaris, so your comments not really reliable with no proof

Here, here!
    (and by the way no I haven't got one)

polo :thumbsup:

shauneco;6010390

Ford FiestaClio = RenaultRenault = FrenchFrench = Problems

garbage456;6010514

clio = problems, plus punto, plus 207,307get a corsaor toyota yaris3rd … clio = problems, plus punto, plus 207,307get a corsaor toyota yaris3rd choice fiesta

I've had a clio for a total of 6 years (2 different cars) and never had a problem with either of them. My sister has also had a clio for a total over over 10 years (over 3 or 4 different cars) and also never had any problems.

Never driven a corsa so can't comment, I've had a fiesta and it was ok, but very basic. A totyota yaris is a very "feminine" car, get it if you want slaughtered by your mates.....
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. random company selling fifa 18 for £29.9511
      2. Galaxy Note 8 grey import23
      3. PC Build - Budget £70011
      4. Dreams bed sale.43

See more discussions