Taking my Gamertag elsewhere..........

moving house this weekend, and wondered how easy it was it just use xbox360 whilst at mams ...

would this effect my GT as i'll be on using another ISP, or should it find it straight away? I can always create another?

23 Comments

Banned

wont affect it at all if your just taking console from 1 place to another

if you save it on a memory card.. or take your hard drive with you, it will be much quicker than recovering your gamertag on someone else's 360.

I think it should find it straight away with it being the same console.

yeah it should be fine

ctuk;4502881

if you save it on a memory card.. or take your hard drive with you, it … if you save it on a memory card.. or take your hard drive with you, it will be much quicker than recovering your gamertag on someone else's 360.

Ain't that the truth! Recovering a gamertag takes about a week (or maybe it just feels like it).

I keep mine on a memory unit as it's far easier to move it around.

to the OP - your ISP is just a path to the internet. In the same way you can login to various websites (such as this) from another ISP, as long as you can get a connection to Xbox Live you'll be fine ;-)

Original Poster

super! its going up me mars ;-)

lol I told mine to spain........ he burns easily and is allergic to paella.

MinstrelMan;4503053

lol I told mine to spain........ he burns easily and is allergic to … lol I told mine to spain........ he burns easily and is allergic to paella.

I took mine up the Khyber Pass............apparently it upset XBOX's policies. :thinking:

Banned

looooooooool

Banned

MinstrelMan;4503053

lol I told mine to spain........ he burns easily and is allergic to … lol I told mine to spain........ he burns easily and is allergic to paella.

MM....did you see there is a new (well...kind of) COD map available for free?

Syzable;4503139

I took mine up the Khyber Pass............apparently it upset XBOX's … I took mine up the Khyber Pass............apparently it upset XBOX's policies. :thinking:

trying to hold in that lol in a quiet office caused me to snort and unblock my nose.

thanks, for the lols, thanks for mucus removal :thumbsup:

ODB_69;4503173

MM....did you see there is a new (well...kind of) COD map available for … MM....did you see there is a new (well...kind of) COD map available for free?

No not seen, last night went on to watch the watchmen trailer and have a few goes of resi evil demo (thats some scary ****! - I'm looking forward to playing online co-op, but not looking forward to then discovering I'm actually a big girl)

Banned

MinstrelMan;4503212

No not seen, last night went on to watch the watchmen trailer and have a … No not seen, last night went on to watch the watchmen trailer and have a few goes of resi evil demo (thats some scary ****! - I'm looking forward to playing online co-op, but not looking forward to then discovering I'm actually a big girl)

yup...tis mint that trailer

Sy u seen it? Watchmen trailer in HD...thing of beauty!

New map is Makin in the Daytime, should be in new arrivals of add ons :thumbsup:

Yep.........looking forward to the film.

Will grab the new map later and will have to start playing it again. Need to get a wireless headset.

Banned

Syzable;4503269

Yep.........looking forward to the film. :)Will grab the new map later … Yep.........looking forward to the film. :)Will grab the new map later and will have to start playing it again. Need to get a wireless headset.

let me know when you play and I'll be on...tag team some yanks me thinnk

yeah me too...... I should be working tonight but I freel I need a COD night

ODB_69;4503285

let me know when you play and I'll be on...tag team some yanks me thinnk

Will do. :-D Off to ebay to look for a wireless headset now.

Syzable;4503269

Yep.........looking forward to the film. :)Will grab the new map later … Yep.........looking forward to the film. :)Will grab the new map later and will have to start playing it again. Need to get a wireless headset.

sy, have you had a wireless headset before? just wondering coz aln had a wired and a wireless one, the wired one broke and his wireless one seems to run out of battery very quickly. he's gone back to wired now.

lyndsbowes;4503402

sy, have you had a wireless headset before? just wondering coz aln had a … sy, have you had a wireless headset before? just wondering coz aln had a wired and a wireless one, the wired one broke and his wireless one seems to run out of battery very quickly. he's gone back to wired now.

No, i haven't. But i broke my wired one so thought that i'd try wireless.

Maybe i'll just get another wired one then. Ta. x

Syzable;4503426

No, i haven't. But i broke my wired one so thought that i'd try wireless. … No, i haven't. But i broke my wired one so thought that i'd try wireless. Maybe i'll just get another wired one then. Ta. x

imo you're only best getting a wireless one if you have a wired one for when the battery runs out coz you can't charge it and use it at the same time.... just my opinion hun x

Banned

Sy...there are guides online how to change the battery. been thinking about doing it myself cause it dont last long. However its way better than wired...nothing gets in the way and its comfortable to wear too

Original Poster

meantime, while on topic...........

how does it work using Virgin as your ISP? Currently Using ISP through a BT line, but Virgin is cabled? How would one connect to XBL using this

Banned

Disco;4513285

how does it work using Virgin as your ISP? Currently Using ISP through a … how does it work using Virgin as your ISP? Currently Using ISP through a BT line, but Virgin is cabled? How would one connect to XBL using this

You still have a router right?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …155374
    2. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1219
    3. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2734
    4. Any PS4 News Here29213641

See more discussions