Taking Pleasure From Other Peoples Misfortune

22 replies
Found 31st Dec 2009
Does anyone else take pleasure from other peoples misfortune, just read a thread about someones bluray drive failing on their PS3 and it actually cheered me up !

I dont think it's normal behaviour.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
22 Comments

i laugh ...then i feel guilty:thumbsup:

Hey aslong its better than getting it from your mum, moving on up in the world I see:thumbsup:

Banned

Schadenfreude

But why are you happy that someone's blu-ray drive failed? That's a bit odd!

Original Poster

Met-Cast;7386644

Hey aslong its better than getting it from your mum, moving on up in the … Hey aslong its better than getting it from your mum, moving on up in the world I see:thumbsup:

There is some kind of coherent thought in there somewhere I imagine but I sure as well can't find it. Something about your mum ???

how miserable is your life that you have to find humour in others misfortune

Banned

Met-Cast;7386644

Hey aslong its better than getting it from your mum, moving on up in the … Hey aslong its better than getting it from your mum, moving on up in the world I see:thumbsup:

You do realise that sentence makes no sense at all don't you?

Original Poster

robklancs;7386691

how miserable is your life that you have to find humour in others … how miserable is your life that you have to find humour in others misfortune

It is surprinsingly joyeous as there is plenty of misfortune out there for me to enjoy ! :thumbsup:

DanJackson;7386650

SchadenfreudeBut why are you happy that someone's blu-ray drive failed? … SchadenfreudeBut why are you happy that someone's blu-ray drive failed? That's a bit odd!

iNSOMANiAC;7386673

There is some kind of coherent thought in there somewhere I imagine but I … There is some kind of coherent thought in there somewhere I imagine but I sure as well can't find it. Something about your mum ???

You don't have to bring mums into it thats harsh mate. :?

I laughed when your boiler broke down and you had no heating or hot water.

DanJackson;7386702

You do realise that sentence makes no sense at all don't you?

To you it doesn't read it a couple of times taking note of all the commas.

Original Poster

I laugh everytime I see yet another picture of your foot

Banned

Met-Cast;7386720

To you it doesn't read it a couple of times taking note of all the … To you it doesn't read it a couple of times taking note of all the commas.

Yeah, still makes no sense, even taking the one comma into account

Banned

I really don´t understand why any normal person would take pleasure from another´s misfortune.

shame on you

If someone takes "pleasure" in others misfortune then I'd say that they have had some bad experiences themselves that has had a lasting psychological effect.

I never take pleasure in anothers misfortune, if I can help them I would try, however where there is opportunity then thats another case for consideration.

To take pleasure though, no.

StevenA2000_uk;7386965

If someone takes "pleasure" in others misfortune then I'd say that they … If someone takes "pleasure" in others misfortune then I'd say that they have had some bad experiences themselves that has had a lasting psychological effect.I never take pleasure in anothers misfortune, if I can help them I would try, however where there is opportunity then thats another case for consideration. To take pleasure though, no.:)

+1

EXCEPT when its someone who deserves a bit of bad karma, i know a few

Banned

If you laugh at You've Been Framed then you're as guilty as the next man

DanJackson;7387029

If you laugh at You've Been Framed then you're as guilty as the next man

I take it that you are one of those guilty people then?

Banned

robklancs;7386691

how miserable is your life that you have to find humour in others … how miserable is your life that you have to find humour in others misfortune

+1

I just find the OP pathetically sad and incredibily juvenile.

major troll too :whistling:

Banned

csiman;7389441

+1I just find the OP pathetically sad and incredibily juvenile.major … +1I just find the OP pathetically sad and incredibily juvenile.major troll too :whistling:

don't be too harsh. He may have been feeling bitter about spending new years on here.

Banned

FilthAndFurry;7389473

don't be too harsh. He may have been feeling bitter about spending new … don't be too harsh. He may have been feeling bitter about spending new years on here.

lol - you can tell who the billy no mates are :-D

I take pleasure in knowing my life is so much better than the sad troll of an OP

Banned

`^^^^^^^^^

Agreed
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition59608
    2. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers11
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums33
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…33

See more discussions