Talk Mobile

Im looking to start a contract on TalkMobile, however im not sure if the signal is good or if it allows 4g to be used on phones like the iphone 7. Also hows is the customer service? Could anyone please let me know whether to join them or stay far away from them! Cheers

9 Comments

No 4G that is the bummer...they used to be part of cpw but buy out. Customer service is fine I have been with them from they started many years ago and I find 3g is fine for most every day use. They dont seem to have any plans to offer 4g anytime soon so be aware of this. They currently use Vodafone for there masts and it all depends were you live what signal u get justn do a search or visit CPW to see what network 3g vodafone coverage youn get in your area and that is what u get with talkmobie...sorted

I took a contract out with them for my son in July, been great so far. No 4g but we have a strong 3g signal where i am so signal is always great. he even gets signal in places I can't with 3.

I now have two talk mobile contacts and so far so good, they were very helpful on the Web chat, no problems with signal but then we are just outside Yeovil and right next to a303 so fairly populated, no 4g but that's not been a problem I normally turn it off anyway to save battery.

if you're not sure what about grabbing a Vodafone payg sim, turn off 4g and see how the signal is around you?

after being on a sim using the o2 network for as long as we can remember and moving from to that from the EE network we recently said enough was enough because of the data speeds. That was 3 months ago, and since then we have tried 2 providers in our area and now have gone back to the original company we were on. Learnings from that are, 1, never trust any of the companies or ofcoms coverage checker and 2 never sign up to a 12 month deal without testing it out first. The coverage trackers told us that we had good signal, supposedly the same as we had with o2 but reality was when we had signal it was very good but plenty of spots where there was no service at all. we first went with Life using EE so same as talk, only 3G and we had speeds up to 16Mb compared to 1.5Mb 4G on the original company. From our experience the 4G speeds may be poor but the quality of coverage was much better.

Can't you try a pay as you go sim for a month? Might cost a tenner but will save in the long run.

Both me and my partner took up the 4gb deal with talkmobile and have it ok for us. We do a lot of camping and so move around the country, tested from Scotland to Devon had no issues, sure some areas are not covered but that applies to all networks in those remote areas we camp :-) Support staff are very good, I contacted them when I got my sim to get connected and my partner wanted to keep her number so she also contacted them via online chat.

My experiences with them have been good. Have to wait on webchat sometimes but they are helpful and I got my daughter a SIM only 2Gb data/1000 mins/unlim text for £7.49 pm which I'm happy with. Network coverage fine also

tallpete33

My experiences with them have been good. Have to wait on webchat … My experiences with them have been good. Have to wait on webchat sometimes but they are helpful and I got my daughter a SIM only 2Gb data/1000 mins/unlim text for £7.49 pm which I'm happy with. Network coverage fine also

​got the same for one of my sons, I remember a time when 500mb was more than enough, I wonder if 2gb will even cut it now.

one bad thing I remembered about talk mobile is that you can't cap it, so they will let you use your allowance and then charge when you go over it.

bluetba

​got the same for one of my sons, I remember a time when 500mb was more t … ​got the same for one of my sons, I remember a time when 500mb was more than enough, I wonder if 2gb will even cut it now. one bad thing I remembered about talk mobile is that you can't cap it, so they will let you use your allowance and then charge when you go over it.

There are probably apps to stop that. She has a Windows Phone and I use Data Sense to cap it
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. E-liquid55
    2. Mountain bike £200-£30022
    3. Problem with new double glazed installation44
    4. Any know of offers on London eye and Maddam Tussauds please34

See more discussions