Talk Radio

Posted 21st Feb
Does anyone on here listen to it?

I am tending to switch off the TV more recently & listening to it.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
andywedge21/02/2020 00:01

Late at night I listen to both Talk Radio and Talk Sport (not at the same …Late at night I listen to both Talk Radio and Talk Sport (not at the same time though) and have done for decades.

Did you listen to James Whale in the 90s? It was classic. No way he could get away with that now. Hence being sacked about 3 times since. OR even George Galloway

Ian Collins used to be class at night & now has been a lot more down on afternoon shows. Iain Lee needs to learn to chill out.
33 Comments
Late at night I listen to both Talk Radio and Talk Sport (not at the same time though) and have done for decades.
andywedge21/02/2020 00:01

Late at night I listen to both Talk Radio and Talk Sport (not at the same …Late at night I listen to both Talk Radio and Talk Sport (not at the same time though) and have done for decades.

Did you listen to James Whale in the 90s? It was classic. No way he could get away with that now. Hence being sacked about 3 times since. OR even George Galloway

Ian Collins used to be class at night & now has been a lot more down on afternoon shows. Iain Lee needs to learn to chill out.
Willy_Wonka21/02/2020 00:07

Did you listen to James Whale in the 90s? It was classic. No way he could …Did you listen to James Whale in the 90s? It was classic. No way he could get away with that now. Hence being sacked about 3 times since. OR even George Galloway Ian Collins used to be class at night & now has been a lot more down on afternoon shows. Iain Lee needs to learn to chill out.

Yep. I've listened to James Whale for as long as I can remember. Do you remember his TV show? I was on that once.
Yep, I remember listening to George when he was on, and I miss Ian Collins, he was always good fun. He's at Radio Kent I think now. I don't listen to Ian Lee, I generally listen to Paul Ross on TalkSport as he does a mixture of sport and news and has slightly mad guests, like last night, he had a guest on who travelled the world looking at the sky at night and how it varied from place to place.
When I was younger, I used to listen to a chap called Allan Beswick. He still does local radio. He's kind of a slightly bad tempered James Whale.
Edited by: "andywedge" 21st Feb
Ian Collins does a 4pm slot on most week days on Talk Radio but it is nothing like it was with his late show.
Yes I remember James Whale on TV. My auntie & uncle introduced me to him in the mid 80s. Hilarious. I will have to look into Allan Beswick.
James stannage did the rounds on late night radio in Manchester,he could start a fight in a phone box. Good for a giggle though
Pablo14821/02/2020 00:34

James stannage did the rounds on late night radio in Manchester,he could …James stannage did the rounds on late night radio in Manchester,he could start a fight in a phone box. Good for a giggle though

I think we all liked late night phone in radio shows but it is all so tamed today.
Willy_Wonka21/02/2020 00:37

I think we all liked late night phone in radio shows but it is all so …I think we all liked late night phone in radio shows but it is all so tamed today.

True, me and the wife probs listen to more radio these days rarely have the TV on at weekends
Pablo14821/02/2020 00:41

True, me and the wife probs listen to more radio these days rarely have …True, me and the wife probs listen to more radio these days rarely have the TV on at weekends

We are tending to switch off TV between 8 or 10pm & listen until one unless there is a good film on.

James stannage did the rounds on late night radio in Manchester,he could …James stannage did the rounds on late night radio in Manchester,he could start a fight in a phone box. Good for a giggle though

Stannage was amazing. He would be shut down the same night in this day and age!
unreality21/02/2020 01:10

Stannage was amazing. He would be shut down the same night in this day and …Stannage was amazing. He would be shut down the same night in this day and age!

Yeah I was constantly surprised when they kept renewing his contract
up all night the best five live
Don’t know of much Talk Radio these days.

Golden days we had Mike Allen, Mike Dicken, Cesar The Geezer, Mike Mendoza etc.
I can't get Talk Radio on DAB because I'm in West Wales.
I do listen to Talk Sport though, but the amount of adverts do my swede in.
I listen to LBC News London.
andywedge21/02/2020 00:16

Yep. I've listened to James Whale for as long as I can remember. Do you …Yep. I've listened to James Whale for as long as I can remember. Do you remember his TV show? I was on that once.Yep, I remember listening to George when he was on, and I miss Ian Collins, he was always good fun. He's at Radio Kent I think now. I don't listen to Ian Lee, I generally listen to Paul Ross on TalkSport as he does a mixture of sport and news and has slightly mad guests, like last night, he had a guest on who travelled the world looking at the sky at night and how it varied from place to place. When I was younger, I used to listen to a chap called Allan Beswick. He still does local radio. He's kind of a slightly bad tempered James Whale.

James whales was bad tempered!
Lbc is good but i rarely get the chance to listen, I also like the fact it has opposition views and makes you really think
Willy_Wonka21/02/2020 00:37

I think we all liked late night phone in radio shows but it is all so …I think we all liked late night phone in radio shows but it is all so tamed today.

I've got into LBC over the last few months. It's more or less a 24/7 phone in, mostly covering current news topics.
Been listening to radio.more than ever ,started listening to Trevor Nelson on Radio 2 followed by OJ BORGE not tried talk radio yet will tonite
kevlfc21/02/2020 03:11

i listen every day/night to up all night( podcast is a gift!) but for some reason i cant stand dotun.. i think its his insistence on playing music whereas i prefer the eclectic news from all around the world..
Nana1421/02/2020 09:30

Been listening to radio.more than ever ,started listening to Trevor Nelson …Been listening to radio.more than ever ,started listening to Trevor Nelson on Radio 2 followed by OJ BORGE not tried talk radio yet will tonite

go for five live up all night on friday the world football phone in is great and lets talk about tech fevzi turkalp is great too but thats not on five live that much its on another bbc station
ogeran21/02/2020 11:13

i listen every day/night to up all night( podcast is a gift!) but for some …i listen every day/night to up all night( podcast is a gift!) but for some reason i cant stand dotun.. i think its his insistence on playing music whereas i prefer the eclectic news from all around the world..

lol i like him he does play music but its neva that long just a short clip or so never full songs just ones that fit in to certain jokes or that
Pod casts are the business, talksport, BBC radio has loads and audible too.
kevlfc21/02/2020 03:11

Started listening to that mid 90s.

Rhod Sharp & Richard Dalyn - loved their experienced voice and take on things.

Used to enjoy World Soccer phone in with guests like Tim Vickery (S America), Sean Wheelock (N America) & an African correspondent whose name escapes me...

Not listened for at least 5-6 years
ChuckTheDuck21/02/2020 04:26

Don’t know of much Talk Radio these days.Golden days we had Mike Allen, M …Don’t know of much Talk Radio these days.Golden days we had Mike Allen, Mike Dicken, Cesar The Geezer, Mike Mendoza etc.

Mike 'my health is not in question' Dickin would've been in his element, in Boris's Britain!

Liked Cesar. Not so much Tommy Boyd
LBC - and particularly the gem that is 12:00-13:00 on Thursday …. The "mystery hour".... want an answer, got an answer (but no googling it!)
Anyone remember Alan Robson (night owls) ?

dave from seaham
If anyone wants to chill out then darryl morris is on from 1am
If anyone needs a bit of distraction give them a listen.
As above. If you want to have a listen Darryl Morris is on with his girlfriend. Good show.

James Stannage is a legend lol
Its funny tonight. Iain Lee is having a wobble
Worth a try if you want to switch your tv off
Saying that though they just had a guy on saying he was a doctor & got well caught out.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants