Talk Talk Broadband problems

19 replies
Found 22nd Apr 2009
We switched to phone and free broadband with talk talk and since pc has had no end of trouble non connecting to HUKdeals or Ebay at all
Taking ages to load up
images appearing as a red "X" not good anyone had the same probs or can ya help me display images instead of a red "X" in a white box?

19 Comments

Maybe your service pack is needing updated?

Original Poster

AshleyRFC;5003570

Maybe your service pack is needing updated?

how do ya do that matey?

We had loads of trouble with Talk Talk, Total waste of time

Original Poster

natashaxxx;5003670

Free broadband tho
were promised a £60 lynxys wireless router too and got a no brand cheap. made in china. piece of carp

Banned

My TalkSh!te BB works fine.
Has done for ages.

Original Poster

dcx_badass;5003796

I've been with talk talk and had a rock solid connection for 4 years, and … I've been with talk talk and had a rock solid connection for 4 years, and I got the full 8 meg and now I get 18.2meg.If you got the Huwai router then it's actually a good router.

Do ya think it's coz I still got a belkin wireless router not the one they sent

JBAUERBEATSJBOND;5004338

Do ya think it's coz I still got a belkin wireless router not the one … Do ya think it's coz I still got a belkin wireless router not the one they sent

No, Belkin are a decent brand.

You really need to find out what's causing the problem before you can do anything about it.

Do you have only the one internet capable device (computer/console/smartphone etc.) connected? If you have more than one do they all suffer from this problem?

If you only have one, or if all of them do suffer then you may be having trouble with TalkTalk's DNS servers, you could try setting your router up to use ]OpenDNS and see if that helps.

Hi have talktalk and had the exact same problem.

Do this:
talktalk.co.uk/hel…_08

mines worked perfectly since.

natashaxxx;5003670

Me too,,,dire service,,,but still slightly better than Anglian windows customer service,,,

Banned

my talktalk is awesome!

Banned

dcx_badass;5005656

Mine is aswell!

we should call it talktalktalk... no wait that's lame!

yeah i pay like £19 a month inc line rental. i only get about 2.2mbit connection though

Original Poster

mine is ADSL through a phone line
didnt have any of these probs with virgin

Original Poster

EndlessWaves;5005189

No, Belkin are a decent brand.You really need to find out what's causing … No, Belkin are a decent brand.You really need to find out what's causing the problem before you can do anything about it.Do you have only the one internet capable device (computer/console/smartphone etc.) connected? If you have more than one do they all suffer from this problem?If you only have one, or if all of them do suffer then you may be having trouble with TalkTalk's DNS servers, you could try setting your router up to use ]OpenDNS and see if that helps.

i will try this when i get home thanks rep comming ya way

Original Poster

h_360;5005241

Hi have talktalk and had the exact same problem.Do … Hi have talktalk and had the exact same problem.Do this:http://www.talktalk.co.uk/help/questions/TEC_08_08mines worked perfectly since.

i will try this when i get home thanks rep comming ya way

don't discount the possible co-incidence of the router failing, i had a belkin that managed to go the same way took a couple of months to finallly die and their warrenty is useless as they make you jump through so many hoops...

Original Poster

maddogb;5007692

don't discount the possible co-incidence of the router failing, i had a … don't discount the possible co-incidence of the router failing, i had a belkin that managed to go the same way took a couple of months to finallly die and their warrenty is useless as they make you jump through so many hoops...

was working ace til the day i switched to talk talk :whistling:

Original Poster

will try options tonite and get back to ta all
is i see "diagnose connection problems" once more i gonna screem

JBAUERBEATSJBOND;5009679

will try options tonite and get back to ta allis i see "diagnose … will try options tonite and get back to ta allis i see "diagnose connection problems" once more i gonna screem

I had the same problem intil i changed my MTU setting to 1432

try that

before changing it try gamespot.com and see if it loads

dcx_badass;5005693

I get:Downstream Rate: 18188 Kbps Upstream Rate: 1019 Kbps go on the … I get:Downstream Rate: 18188 Kbps Upstream Rate: 1019 Kbps go on the member forums and ask them to look at it, they're really good and sort things really quickly.

how did u get on 18meg connection with talktalk
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA21121
    2. South Park: The Fractured Butt Hole Preorders - Ubisoft Store (Free Season …47
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769543
    4. Add one, leave one game54415458

See more discussions