Talk talk internet connection problem

Found 25th Sep 2011
I have recently moved into a new house and joined talk talk broadband and for the last 2 weeks my connection has been fine but for the last 2 days my connection stops altogether, the lights on the modem flash for example the dsl light flashes on and off and then the internet light at times turns red, i called talk talk and they said its showing fine at their end and they ran the test, they suggested getting someone out to look at it but of course i will be charged for that service, what i dont understand is that the connection was perfect for 2 weeks then i get this problem

advice on this would be great
Community Updates
MiscMovie & Series
9 Comments
dcx_badass

Are you using their router? Tried restoring it to factory? Ask on their … Are you using their router? Tried restoring it to factory? Ask on their forums, much better than the phone support.^^ Yeah amazing how one of the biggest ISP's has the most complaints, who'd have though that.....

They aren't the biggest, so your point is void.
Ring their helpline, it is notoriously unhelpful.

" Ask on their forums ", .... not easy without a connection.
dcx_badass

You can't read a simple two line statement correctly, so your point is … You can't read a simple two line statement correctly, so your point is void.

You were trying to give TalkTalk the defence of being one of the biggest ISP's. However, they arent the biggest, so they have no excuse. If a Bigger ISP can operate and not receive as many complaints it shows they are doing something wrong eh?

So your point is void. just like your sex life.
DangerGod

You were trying to give TalkTalk the defence of being one of the biggest … You were trying to give TalkTalk the defence of being one of the biggest ISP's. However, they arent the biggest, so they have no excuse. If a Bigger ISP can operate and not receive as many complaints it shows they are doing something wrong eh?So your point is void. just like your sex life.

Not forgetting Virgin received the fewest number of complaints too!
Makes a change for Talk Talk not to be blaming BT
Talk Talk came door to door when my exchange became unbundled and offered me a deal too good to turn down. 7 days after switching I'd cancelled and turned it down. Shocking - disconnected every five minutes (quite literally, sometimes more often than this), overbilled massively, router kept freezing, support was rubbish. Got out while I could and went to Sky (I know they have a poor reputation too), who have been stable, fast and helpful. (I used to have 2mb adsl through virgin national, which went up to 4mb talk talk after unbundling, now I'm getting 10.5mb with Sky, so I'm well pleased).
You're paying them a monthly fee for them to supply you with working broadband - and you're not getting it. Keep phoning them up until they send someone out to sort it! Don't know if their call centres are based abroad or not, but if they are, try and find a number for a UK based one. Virgin Media's Indian call centres are sh*t.. got passed around 5 different people before hanging up. Phoned up again and got put through to someone UK based and they sorted the issue in literally 1 minute!

TalkTalk get a lot of bad press, and I think they're probably alright if your exchange is unbundled, but if not then I'd never go near them if they provide their broadband via a BT exchange. Having said that, I don't know if any ISPs provide a decent service via a BT exchange. My parents certainly haven't found someone!
Edited by: "oldmanhouse" 25th Sep 2011
OP i've been having the exact same problem with orange broadband. Worked fine for about 17 months then for the past month i'm constantly losing the internet. I can even go for 3 or 4 days without it at a time. After hours of calls to orange they are sending me out a new router but i'm unsure if this will help? just out of contract so i'm going to switch if the new router doesnt sort the problem. Has anyone any experience with sky broadband?
Edited by: "missp27" 27th Sep 2011
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants