Groups
    EXPIRED

talk talk internet dropping connection can i get out my contract

been with them for 14mth on a 18mth contract had bother since the day i signed up with them, they told me yesterday that i lost connection about 30 times in that day and this is happening to me every day everytime i mention leaving they just give me sum crap can i get out of this contract thanks tracey

20 Comments

S'funny cos my connection keeps dropping recently. Time to change ISP I think.

if nothing is solved and both hitting deadend, then contact ofcom gov uk.
    I think that is the address, I was with TT back in 2006, and they statted to throttle users, which lead to alot of customers leaving.
    If worse goes to worse there is a £75 cancellation fee, which might be an good options.

my internet connection keeps d/c'ing. I notice the worst is at 5pmish, basically when everyone's coming in from work!!

It depends on whether the internet connection dropping is their fault or yours, have you been on the same speed with another ISP and not had problems with them?

I complained over about 6 months with BT with dropped connection and they refunded me 6 months!! But I had to fight tooth and nail for it though.

My connection kept dropping recently also (around 200 times per day).

With O2 just now, spoke with the customer services team who adjusted the SNR db and it seems to be ok now. Only problem is my speed is a bit slower and no callback I was promised

Original Poster

thrustmaster;5431020

My connection kept dropping recently also (around 200 times per day).With … My connection kept dropping recently also (around 200 times per day).With O2 just now, spoke with the customer services team who adjusted the SNR db and it seems to be ok now. Only problem is my speed is a bit slower and no callback I was promised

i was back on the phone them for them for 4 hrs last night they have turned me down and am not even getting 1 meg worse than dial up what a nightmare i told them i wasnt paying cos cudnt use but they just said the broadband was free anyway

i ahve only ever been with these and was on 10meg am about 5min walk away from the exchange unit . am sick as a chip

you really need to make sure it is the dsl service that is at fault, my second line is with talktalk and it is as solid as my main line with BT

Hi all,

I have had the same problems since I started with a couple of weeks ago. At the end of the day that support teams are not as a clued up as we would hope.

I have fixed my issue by through a little research....try this:

For wired connections, drop the MTU setting to 1412. It is likely that somewhere on their network some one has configured something that is not synced properly. I have a second router (belkin) that is connected by cable to the talk talk router that i connect all devices through... works brillilantly since.

For wireless..... drop the fragmentation threshold to 2306 and RTS to 2307... also drop becon to 50.

Set idle to timeout to maximum allowed.. mine is set to 546 as setting it to 0 does not turn it off.

Set your DNS settings to static... 62.24.134.1 and 62.24.243.2

If your using wireless.. set bandwidth to forced to 135mbps.
    these are the changes that I have made and I have not had any problems since.

My email is [email protected]

Let me know if it works for you guys... happy browsing.

Kaz.

Mod edit:email removed to save spam
    Edited by moderator: "Nov 26, 2013 09:20" 26th Nov 2013

I was having trouble with conection issues with talk talk. During some conversation the guy asked why I did not have the talk talk tv. I said because I have sky. He said but it is free with your contract just go online and sign up for it Wich I did. He failed to mention that the small print says this renews your contract for 24 months. Now tied into crap service with crap support and also very expensive over thirty quid s month for les than four meg connection

I'm having the broadband drop-out problems which started just a week ago (17/04/2014). Before that all excellent with TalkTalk for several years. Tried TalkTalk customer support:-
    1. The advisors (I spoke to 3) did not speak good english, so were very difficult to understand.
    2. They did not offer any solution to the problem (dropping internet connection at random intervals from a few minutes to an hour).
    3. One advisor said to prevent this problem I should always switch off my modem when it is not in use. A ridiculous statement.
    4. Another said that the problem was due to extremely high traffic in my area - Why would this suddenly arise when previously there
    has been no problem and I have 8.67 Mb when connected ? Other websites report no such problems at this post code.
    I spoke to a friend in Middlesborough who is having exactly the same problems with TalkTalk so it is not a local area problem.
    The advisors don't appear to know anything about solutions, just make up excuses.
    5. Searched posts on TT forum, but the technical language is over my head (I'm an OAP). No obvious solution found.
    6. Each advisor said they had reset my connection and it would be alright now, but it wasn't.
    7. I still have 8 months of a 12 month contract to run - how can I get out of this ? (Note - TT advisors tried to get me to sign up for a
    'free' TV box, but I spotted the catch - a 24 month contract is attached)
    Not surprising then that TalkTalk don't offer an e-mail address for reporting problems and getting answers.

anyone still having issues? I have this issue and they are worse than useless at helping. Indian support team is shocking.

Been with talk talk since 2005, they have become absolutely useless! Keep losing the connection with them always trying to lay the blame on you. Neighbors, friends, workmates are having the same problem. It is also reported in various forums. They do not want to see it.

takeajump

Been with talk talk since 2005, they have become absolutely useless! Keep … Been with talk talk since 2005, they have become absolutely useless! Keep losing the connection with them always trying to lay the blame on you. Neighbors, friends, workmates are having the same problem. It is also reported in various forums. They do not want to see it.

been with talk talk since they took over my isp nildram, not having any troubles

takeajump

Been with talk talk since 2005, they have become absolutely useless! Keep … Been with talk talk since 2005, they have become absolutely useless! Keep losing the connection with them always trying to lay the blame on you. Neighbors, friends, workmates are having the same problem. It is also reported in various forums. They do not want to see it.

Perhaps it's a local network fault and not one of talktalk.

Pay cheap, get cheap.

Any decent ISP would help sort a problem for a paying customer.

talk talk is an appropriate name for them..... because that is all they do, absolute rubbish, they define the worst possible service available ......

anti_talk_talk_2015

talk talk is an appropriate name for them..... because that is all they … talk talk is an appropriate name for them..... because that is all they do, absolute rubbish, they define the worst possible service available ......

it's amazing as i sit here wasting a second day waiting for openreach to attend a fault which they acknowledge is theirs to sort ou,t i wonder how much deliberate obstruction is placed on other companies by the appalling monopoly position held by BT.

YUP another day wasted for BT openreach to come.. this time their excuse was engineer was too busy, amazing as the appt was booked last weds. its a pity we can't talk to these muppets let alone charge them for wasting our precious time.

I'm having exact same problem, every time i call they fix the drop in connection for up to a week (usually only a day or two though) then it drops again. i have given up calling them as it's a waste of time.
    i am going to email them on a daily basis now...hoping for a reply... think i may just bite the bullet and pay the fee to get out of contract.
    email addresses should you wish to try...
    talktalk_help@,ailgb.custhelp.com
    [email protected]
    talktalkteam@talktalk.co.uk
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game72844174
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?33198
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764390
      4. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?79

See more discussions